baa baa black sheep

9.16.2007

Soleil

12:46 p.m.

Aren't you glad it's fall? We took the now unwormed dog to a lake to celebrate his squeaky clean intestines and beautiful weather. He pooped there to prove how healthy his colon is.
































He really wanted to go swimming. I think he thought there might be squirrels in the water. We're mean, though, and kept him on his leash. He's got a Bad Life.

















My husband is so handsome and windblown.

















The cats have been gearing up for fall by begging constantly for food, and making my life hell every morning at 6:18. I wasn't sure why they were suddenly famished, but the last few days it's been obvious they were fattening up for housecat hibernation.

This is what he's been up to for three days:
















Sometimes the dog tries to wake him up:
















Sometimes I try to wake him up:

















He's all, "See you in the spring, bitches!"

















Here are some pics of my new Pickles and Dimes magnets, which I won in a quiz contest. They have a happy home with all of our other magnets, including the alphabet ones we like to spell awesome words with. Like "poop." They are proudly holding up a few of my favorite pages from my Cat a Day calendar.

I'm such a loser.

















See? Cute.

















We have an oak tree in the front yard. Hence the crazy squirrel action.











I really like acorns.

















Oh, hey, here's the other cat. Also hibernating. Also, fatter.




















Also, shedding maniacally. Gross. I woke her up. She hates me.

















This is the dog, watching squirrels steal the acorns I could be collecting and putting on the kitchen sink. The squirrels taunt him. They mock him. On walks, when he sees one he stops and points and trembles. He dreams about them, and their annoying deathly squirrel chatter. He watches tensely at the windows and licks his lips.

They are pretty much his Entire Reason for Living right now:

















Fall!
black sheeped

11 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Your cats wait until 6:18? Mine are in my face 6 minutes either way of 5 a.m. But wait--you're on Central time. Whew. Then cats obviously know about time zones. Ditto her on the shedding and unending napping. They are so obvious. By the way, you do have a lovely windblown husband. And it's very pretty where you live. Hope you get some good color in the next 4 weeks!

5:25 PM, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Erin said...

Nice magnets! I love that you have letter magnets on your fridge too!

Also: nice Missouri shirt. I do love this landlocked state.

5:35 PM, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Jess said...

You guys and your pets are totally cute. I love the pictures.

5:55 PM, September 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I love the one of the kitty in a ball.

I like collecting acorns too. Do you also hoard maple leaves? If so, we need to form a club.

The magnets look cool on your fridge - I'm SO glad you like them. If you win the quiz next time, I might have to make some magnets for J. - I found some itty bitty icons in a magazine of "manly" things (like tighty whiteys).

7:06 PM, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Mommy Daisy said...

Oh lovely pictures. Sounds like everything is going well. Oh our dog goes crazy for the squirrels in our yard too. He hates when they taunt him out front (we won't let him out there unleashed), but he chases them off if they're in back where we can run free in the fenced-in-yard. :)

7:41 PM, September 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love love love the pictures!!! Your crew, including the hubby, is adorable!!!

8:08 PM, September 16, 2007  
Blogger artemisia said...

Miss you and your family so much! When I get home from NYC (Monday night) let's catch up on the phone. That would be crazy fun!

8:15 PM, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Marie Green said...

"See you in the spring, bitches". I actually laughed, the kind that makes sound.

We have 5 large oak trees in our yard, and yeah, the squirrels- they are DREAMING of taking over the people. Truly, the scare me a bit- they're pretty tame and I'm always afraid that one will get in the house, seeing as how the kids are always dwadling at the door...

And I love acorns too. And the fall air! It's supposed to warm up here a bit this next week, and that too will be nice...

8:22 PM, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

oh kara, i need to send our poor neglected dog to live with you- between a toddler and newborn, he's getting fairly ignored lately, which makes him whine irritably all day, which makes me want to kill him. sorry about lack of caps- i'm holding eli and typing one handed. anyways, poor fonzie would love to join your happy crew. you have room for another, right

10:53 AM, September 17, 2007  
Blogger Marie Green said...

Also! Fancy magnets.

2:57 PM, September 17, 2007  
Blogger Penny said...

Oh! You have those cat claw cover things. So cute! I have thought about doing that, but we are currently avoiding the vet because we're extremely late on the shots.

Plus, frayed couches have a certain je ne sais quoi, right?

9:34 PM, September 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com