baa baa black sheep

6.02.2006

School's Out


10:43 a.m.

School ends today. (Finally got the prime closest parking spot--for the first time ever.) One more week of sitting in my office, and then I'm back to the gallery. Then back to the school in the fall.

"Dear Kara,

You have a job next year. I just don't know what it is. But, uh, I'll let you know when I find out. Don't worry, it's full-time. I totally promise. XOXO!

Love,
School District"

It's June now, so I suppose it's summer. I already miss the warm heavy evenings of muggy air in Missouri. I miss evening that smells like grass or trees or wet. Are there fireflies here? Seagulls, yes, but fireflies? I loved summer there, I loved feeling that my body was part of the earth. I loved feeling as if I could eat the air, when it was thick with humidity. But summer here promises to be nice. Perfect upper 70 temps, an almost disgusting amount of sunshine, cool breezes.

So, anyone else been an emotional/hormonal train wreck this week?

You could at least lie and say "Why, yes, now that you mention it! Yes I have!"

Jerks.

Last night we watched a movie that had a drowning kitten scene, and I was so dramatically upset Justin had to PAUSE IT until I settled down enough to see through my tears. We're talking, body-racking sobs and choking and pathetic angry sputterings of "I can't watch the rest of this movie!"

I watched the rest of the movie.

"Dear Netflix,

You are destroying my soul. But I can't leave you.

Oh, no. We will be together forever.

XOXO!
Love,
Kara"

Everything will be made better tonight, by indulging my (our) I-promise-it's-not-creepy celebrity crushes on Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston when we watch The Break Up. I don't really care how bad or good it is. I'll be happy just staring at them. ("Oh, look at how fast he talks and oh, do you hear how he says, 'Lady' and oh, look at her, look, look, pretty...")

Don't judge me.

Jerks.

Love,
black sheeped

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My very own recap will be on it's way soon, just have to write it tomorrow :) ~ MFP

6:11 PM, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com