baa baa black sheep

8.20.2007

After



















12:27 p.m.

How about some house photos, eh? (I watched Strange Brew this weekend and have been wanting to tack on "eh" to everything I say and/or think, and it is annoying. Even more annoying than Strange Brew. I found it in a box of VHS tapes and wanted to watch is because I may or may not have a thing for Rick Moranis. Or Canadians. Or beer.)

First, here are a few of my studio that I'm nearly done setting up. None of you probably care, but here it is. It's all work-space-y and full of spiders. I like it.










































Not fancy, but hooray. Okay. Now that that's over with, here is some of the before and after I promised. I took photos before the estate sale, before they sold the old man's belongings in the back yard.

First, before:




















We decided to use this bedroom as a dining room, due to the house being cozy. We also decided we liked the contrast of our red stuff with the blue walls, which don't really show up in these photos.





































It's a nice cheerful sunny room to eat in and put books. Also, it's a nice room for sitting on the floor and taking an embarassing amount of pet photos, a small sampling of which I will now proudly display:
























































She hates him so much:



















Next, our bedroom. I didn't really have any decent (and I'm obviously using the term "decent" lightly) photos of before, and it's a small room full of a big bed, so it was hard to get a decent shot. But here's the after. It's also sunny and happy and calm.

Again, with the non-patriotic blue and red.



















Next up, the glorious pink non-showered bathroom before:


























I painted the pink ceilings and walls off-white, to match the tiles, and we rigged up a shower. It features a rubber band and lots of shower curtain rods. I think the pink is more bearable now. It's sort of Neapolitan ice cream-ish. I haven't gotten up the nerve to see what's under the carpeted floor yet, but I'm sure it's fantastic and disgusting.












































Next, the kitchen before I got paint happy. Here is a photo I didn't rotate:





































So, here is the Yellow! I painted the kitchen.





































I like it.

And, finally, here's how the living room looked before we moved in.



















I'm having problems with the lighting in this room, and took pics at different times to capture the true colors, but I suck. So here are a lot of weird photos of our living room, featuring the Gaucho paint and our elaborate slipcovers-to-prevent-the-cats-from-wrecking-our-furniture system:







































































I'm not going to show you the den until it's all done. I'm also going to refrain from talking about how completely insane and emotionally horrible I've felt this weekend. I'll save that for another time.

You can't wait!

Kisses,
black sheeped

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) The shower curtain is awesome. I don't know how you artistic people can do that, just reaching out and choosing exactly the right thing to totally transform something from bleh to "this is totally on purpose."

2) The old place looks SO OLD MAN! SO VERY VERY OLD MAN! And it looks so completely different now!

3) Your yellow kitchen fills me with courage in re paint colors. It's bright, which on a paint chip fills me with fear. And yet it looks glorious on the wall. ...Then again, see: you artistic people. I don't know if I would get even remotely similar results if I chose a color.

4:32 PM, August 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Kara, it looks so cozy and beautiful. I love all the colors you've chosen. The shower curtain really helps with the bathroom, and I like it a lot. The kitchen! Oh the kitchen! It's almost the same bright yellow shade that mine is. My mom talked me into it, and it's taken a while but now I love it! So of course I love yours too. I like what you've done with the whole house. Very comfy and homey. Welcome home, darling.

8:20 PM, August 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see that Ski Man made an appearance.

Love you,
Sister

8:54 PM, August 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I think the kitchen looks beautiful.

9:24 PM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger Penny said...

I love the paint color in the kitchen! Also that bathroom and bedroom rocks. Can you do my house too?

9:12 AM, August 21, 2007  
Blogger artemisia said...

1) YOU HAVE GOTTEN SO MUCH DONE. Have I mentioned that I STILL don't have everything taken care of at the house -- even thought I've been there two years?!?! You are incredible.

2) The shower curtain turned out beautifully. I just redid the "guest" bathroom. (Attempting to get shit done -- after two years!!) It is very girlie and pretty. Maybe it will discourage certain kinds of company.

3) Monk's pretty red hair. So sweet. Oh, his ears.

4) Oh, Coltrane.

5) Your very own studio. In two months you won't remember any other one you've had. It's cozy. And very soon it will be free of mold. Hang in there!

6) And this is the most important of my points: I MISS YOU.

11:17 AM, August 21, 2007  
Blogger Sara said...

You wasted no time! The place looks amazing! I just love the shower curtain.

And the fact that your pets are everywhere.

I love it!

6:51 PM, August 21, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love it all and agree with all the pro-color choice comments already here, but I think my favorite is actually the dining room. I love the books in there- lots of books makes any room look really inviting to me. And it's so sunny and stuff... Also, the animals look like they BELONG there. Like they're maybe part of the decor. Cat on bookshelf.

10:00 PM, August 21, 2007  
Blogger Shannon said...

It looks great!!

I'm amazed at how much you've done, too. We've been in our house since the last part of March and it is still majorly unfinished.

11:39 AM, August 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com