baa baa black sheep

7.25.2007

Recap

8:32 a.m.

Thought I'd post some photos from this summer. The Summer of Crazy!

This is possibly my favorite park ever, Elephant Rocks, located in SE Missouri. J and I went there with my adorable mother. I've always loved crawling around there. It features big rocks.

(You get it.)



































































































































































When we visited J's parents, we went to a Royals game. They have fireworks on Friday nights.










































































These next photos are for my sister, to show her that we are moving to the real prairie. Not a fake prairie. SISTER. PRAIRIE. TAKE NOTES:


























































































We've been packing and running errands and being generally busy and in disbelief of our summer. Starting with our WEDDING, June 16th, it has gone like this/will end like this:

Wyoming, Hawaii, Wyoming, Southeast Missouri, Northwest Missouri, Wyoming, Iowa, Wyoming, Iowa, Wyoming, Kansas, Wyoming, Iowa.

One perk to moving soon is that it's necessary to consume all the perishables in the house. I'm the sort of person who buys ice cream and then doesn't eat it or even open it for ages, so we have a wide variety of delicious ice cream to eat in the next two weeks (AND I can pretend like it's a chore that I HAVE to do). Also, I have cider to drink, cold cider that was a wedding gift. And chocolate martini ingredients that are in the freezer. I don't think you should put chocolate vodka in the freezer and then drive it across the country in 102 degree heat, so I must drink it.

Obviously.

Shut up!

We're leaving for Kansas tomorrow, and are doing elaborate packing/car maneuvers so that we only have one car to drive when it's time to move. J will drive the huge annoying moving truck, and I will drive a car that holds an 82 pound dog, two angry cats, and a fish. I'm not sure who wins in this situation.

Probably the fish.

That's all for now. I have to go attempt to hide some of our packing filth, because someone is coming to view the house soon. We relisted our house here! Hooray!

Love,
black sheeped

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to live on the real prairie.

But I stick by mine just the same.

Love,
Sister

11:56 AM, July 25, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

Mm, chocolate vodka...!! I am really craving alcohol lately. Just a few more weeks! Enjoy your drinks for me.

6:44 PM, July 25, 2007  
Blogger Sara said...

The rocks-so cool!! Just the thing we like to do as evidenced here


And boy does a chocolate martini sound good, you know, if you have to drink it.

12:21 PM, July 26, 2007  
Blogger Marie Green said...

You have had the summer of crazy. But the house is completely adorable and homey, and the praire is Laura Ingalls-ish and cool (I live in prairie lands too) and you get to eat icecream. And drink chocolate vodka to help you cope with the summer of crazy.

Sometimes, a little adventure sounds appealing, but I have to admit, you've cornered the mearket on adventure this year!

Love the rocks.

11:06 PM, July 26, 2007  
Blogger jen said...

great pics! I love the big rocks.

I don't think the fish win. I think teh cats win. cats always win. And fish make tasty snacks for cats.

7:21 PM, July 27, 2007  
Blogger Melanie D. said...

Good pictures. Looks like fun.

You didn't mention Nebraska. Did you fly over??? :-) Love that your blog is rocking the midwest. Woo hoo!

8:16 AM, July 28, 2007  
Blogger Melanie D. said...

Yes - I80 is Looooooonnnnggg! I can say it with love. There's no place like home. But Nebraska doesn't hold much eye candy, now does it?

11:02 PM, July 29, 2007  
Blogger Siobhan said...

Hey lady.

I love you and your rocks. When I was in girl scouts, we went to this place with lots of big rocks in a river and crawled from rock to rock. I want to go back!

Is Justin wearing a Black Keys shirt? Tell him thumbs up for me!

Stay real.

I AM A DORK.

10:11 AM, July 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com