baa baa black sheep

7.16.2007

Swing

7:01 a.m.

I'm swinging wildly between being stupidly excited and completely overwhelmed. Also, I have PMS. Also, cramps. Also, yesterday I had a fever all day and at one point stood in the laundry room and wept because a) I couldn't decide what shirt to wear because I felt fat and b) packing up stuff in the laundry room is going to be so annoying and I don't even like going in there. Also, J was standing there watching me be crazy. This was interspersed with several near all out meltdowns because of massive confusion about what realtor we are going to use. I'm worried about money (another paycheck would have been a lifesaver), I'm worried I've lost the massive to-do list we're making, I'm worried about seeing certain people I really want to see, I'm worried about how we took the house off the market already and now have to relist, I'm worried about getting everything done. Sometimes when it gets really bad I soothe myself by looking at available setters/pointers that I could hypothetically adopt in rural Iowa. Shut up.

SHUT UP.

So, uh, yeah. I think I'm handling everything really well.

We're leaving this week to go look at houses in Iowa, and J has to fill out his paperwork at the school. We'll get back late this week/early next week, and then I assume we'll pack wildly and somehow move and I can't WAIT to take our two angry cats on a ten hour car ride. Things are fairly up in the air at this point, but we don't have much time (my guess is three weeks? maybe more? maybe less?) to get there. The town is small, and we have explained that "Hi! We haven't had much notice, and need somewhere to live right now!" to the realtors, and they have explained that "Hi! We'll do what we can, but the rental situation here is hopeless" (yes, they used the word HOPELESS) "but there are one or two places that might let you do a rental agreement until closure. Also, we don't know if you'll like our houses!" So we'll see. I'm trying my best to remain calm.

This sometimes involves me announcing loudly, "I WILL NOT DEAL WITH ANY NEGATIVITY."

An exciting feature of the town we're moving to is that houses are super cheap compared to here, and we will likely be able to get a nice little house for under sixty thousand (instead of, say, 180 thousand), which is completely insane. And good. Completely good.

So, that's what I'm up to. I don't know how much I'll be around online. Etc.

Kisses!

black sheeped

Edit:

I remembered that I was tagged for another meme, so I figured I'd better do it now before I forget. I'm pretty sure most of the blogs I read have done it. But! If you want to do it, do it. Hooray! This is from the lovely Marie Green. Eight random things:

1. I hate Harry Potter so much.

2. I have a weird huge comedian-crush on Jim Gaffigan. Related in my head, I once had fun on a flight with this man, whom I have since seen on tv. He even laughed a lot at things I said, which made me feel fancy (before and after I found out he was a comedian), because I am Really Not Funny.

3. My affinity for adopting unwanted animals has forced J to create the No More Than Four Pets At Any Time Rule. There are also clauses for Animals To Never Be Included In Our Household Despite Kara's Ridiculous Pleading. These include goats, llamas, sheep, chickens, small rodents, pigs, large rodents, ducks, parrots, parakeets, and pretty much anything else I have expressed a desire to adopt other than dogs, cats, and a few species of fish. Unfair, obviously.

4. The first thing I ever wanted to be when I grew up? Was a horse. A galloping horse. It didn't really work out, and that is also unfair.

5. Lately I can not get enough Mt. Dew Code Red, which is disgusting to admit. And yet, it is so delicious. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

6. I once slapped a girl on the face at church camp. And then she punched me. But I had totally warned her first.

7. I ran to the bathroom and threw up Saturday night when I heard (not even saw, heard) the clip on television of that Survival guy gulping down his own pee. It was totally unnecessary for the editors to turn up the volume on the gulping. Gulping of any fluid is disgusting. Gulping of hot urine? I wanted to die.

8. I'm related to Patrick Henry. I'm sure this is why I'm so fiery. And always railing against something. It's obvious, really.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Don't listen to realtors about renting...they only want you to buy. You will find something and it will be your every dream, or at least some of them. GOOD LUCK!

10:00 AM, July 16, 2007  
Blogger Marie Green said...

Exciting, stressful, unnerving, busy- I'm jealous of it all. We're so Settled here, that your newest adventure sounds appealing. I may just be romanticizing it a little. bit. But it does sound... fun. Well, maybe not fun. Umm, I can't think of a word... But I guess I just miss being able to pack up and move. Being more free.

Keep us posted!

10:21 AM, July 16, 2007  
Blogger CAQuincy said...

Saw your plea on Swistle's blog. Thought I'd hand you a super-easy chicken enchilada recipe that my Dad actually threw together. Bear in mind that I'm typing this from memory!

2 cans Ortega enchilada sauce
2-3 chicken breasts
1 pkg flour tortilla (I use wheat)
1 C shredded taco cheese
diced onions

Cut chicken in small pieces and brown in butter. Add about half a can of the enchilada sauce and put aside.

In a skillet, pour a whole can of enchilada sauce. Heat up just a little (you'll burn your fingers if you get it too hot)! Put aside.

Take flour tortillas out of bag and separate. Take a tortilla, dredge both side in sauce in the skillet.

Stuff dredged tortilla with chicken and onions (if you want them--I've been leaving them out for my picky kids). Roll up and place in a baking dish (better to spray with non-cooking spray ahead of time). Follow with the rest of the tortillas.

When you've filled your baking dish with as many as you want/can fit, top with the rest of the 1/2 can of sauce and cheese.

Bake in 350* oven for 15-20 minutes--until cheese melts.

There are less messy/easier recipes you can get on the Ortega/El Paso websites. But I find I like my Dad's the best--tasts more "authentic". And I've also discovered that I don't care for the El Paso enchilada sauce as much as I like Ortega.

I also gave this recipe to a friend of mine who "kicked it up" by adding refriend beans....

Hmmm...now you're making me crave them....

1:00 PM, July 16, 2007  
Blogger Swistle said...

Real estate agencies usually don't deal with many rentals, so to them it seems like there are NONE. Rentals are usually done through the newspaper or by little tear-tab signs hanging up in the library. Don't lose hope!

Cheap housing = awesome.

My brother wanted to be a rabbit. That didn't work out, either.

I love the rules about pets.

I'll bet the audio didn't even belong with the action, but was done by the sound effects guys to up the gross-out factor.

1:29 PM, July 16, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is GREAT about the cheap housing! Wow.
And your list made me laugh out loud.

8:27 PM, July 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com