baa baa black sheep

7.12.2007

Process

3:25 p.m.

Hi!

We're back! After hours and hours of driving!

I don't know where to start for this post. Yesterday I spent most of the day in my pajamas, horizontal, ignoring the absolute madness we've been dealing with by surfing the internet all day to find a way to wear the two pearls I got in Hawaii. (I'm afraid I pissed off the sales lady when I refused to buy a setting there--the cheapest earring studs they offered were 368 dollars or something equally shocking. The pearls were around three bucks apiece. I finally pitifully asked, after having overpriced pendant after pendant shoved in my face, "Can't I just...buy? The pearls?") Yes. All day. Fretting about making a necklace.

How about a list, yes? List?

1. In all my mindless surfing yesterday, I came across a FABULOUS WEBSITE I WISH I COULD KISS. Maybe you guys already know about it, and if you do, shame! Shame! How could you not tell me? Because I am the sort of person who thinks of things I want to buy, and then have no idea where to find them. This site does it all for you! I possibly stayed up until after one a.m. typing in and finding things I've been coveting for ages, like cute kitchen timers, Totoro pouches, cat ring holders, and singing bird clocks. (I'm such a dork.) (Sadly, I don't think I can ever sell J on a singing bird clock. Even though it is the most awesome invention of all time.) This morning, I bought my sister-in-law a birthday present. Fast. It was so easy--I just did a search for the sort of bracelet I wanted to buy her, then changed the cost fields to my price range so only those would show up. Easy!

So, there you go. Have fun! May it forever change the way you internet shop!

2. Thank you for all your lovely comments on my last post, and all the compliments on my stunning good looks. I felt compelled, obviously, to share this with you. This is how I looked on the drive home from the airport, after a small sweaty drunken man leaned on me snoringly for three hours as we flew over the ocean, and we endured several stifling hot flights that reeked of urine, and we had been up for around 36 hours:



















Just so there isn't any confusion about my hotness: it clearly transcends jet lag.

3. Have you ever been driving through, for example, over the plains at twilight, and everything seems green and mellow, and you're listening to some White Stripes song and suddenly everything, briefly, just makes sense? The world seems to swirl around you and you're in the middle and everything is peaceful and joyful and alive, and everything is good and okay? You get that ache in your chest? You know? The happy ache that comes with an amazing rush of oneness with everything? I had that last week one evening. It was wonderful and powerful. And then?

I had this awful realization that someone at that very moment in the next car over could be having the same emotional orgasm to, say, a Jessica Simpson song. Or something by Shania Twain.

And then I felt so, so dirty.

4. Hey, so, remember that part where we were gonna stay here? After thinking we were gonna move for six months? After all that drama, remember how we were packed and had the house listed? But then we thought we were gonna stay here cause J had an offer here, so we unlisted the house and then I got fired? And then we painted, since I figured if we're staying here, we might as well have fun new colors? Also, interspersed into all that we got married? Remember how we got married, also, in the last month, and went to Hawaii, and also went to Missouri for a week? After some recent insanity, it turns out, um. We're moving. J was interviewed and offered a job teaching at a community college. A job that pays more and is a permanent position and is waaaay closer to our families and in an area that I really really really really wanted to live. So!

We're moving!

Good thing I didn't bother to wash any of the new glassware and have been making us drink out of Christmas coffee cups! Because I will just have to rewash them in I-o-w-a.

5. We have a lot to do. We have to move super soon.

6. But this is very exciting.

Love,
black sheeped

6 Comments:

Blogger artemisia said...

I am very, very, very excited for you and very, very, very sad for me.

Let's celebrate!! You guys deserve it, holy shit.

6:15 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Swistle said...

Yes, list!

1) I like singing bird clocks, too, and yet don't have one. Why?

2) Compelled = funny.

3) I know! But don't let it cheese your groove! You're having a QUALITY groove, whereas they are having a cheap dirty fling.

4) Omg, your LIFE, it has been CRAZY recently. Also: congratulations and yay!

7:44 AM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Mommy Daisy said...

Wow, lots of happenings. It sounds like you are happy amongst the craziness, though. That's what matters. Congrats on the new job and good luck in moving. Keep us updated.

8:56 AM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

I am So GLAD everything worked out with the moving situation. Also, you about my choke on my Rocher chocolate with your "emotional orgasm" talk. Because a, I know exactly what you mean, I get this feeling all the time, usually while listening to music, and then the rest of the day the sight of, oh, I don't know, my daughter patting the dog gently or something will cause me to well up in tears and think how beautiful the world is! And then other times there is dog hair everywhere and Addy is kicking the dog and he is growling and I cannot intervene from the stinkin' couch where I am stuck now, and I think that the world is a steaming pile of poo. I am a very balanced person, clearly.

9:12 PM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Marie Green said...

Ok so you ARE moving. Well, at least all that work was not for nothing (listing the house and all), and the new paint will be loved by your future buyers. That is so cool. Weird, but I like singing bird clocks too, but also do not own one. Hmmm.

Going to check out that site now...

10:12 PM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Shannon said...

OMG..could you pack more into a month? Congratulations!!!

9:59 AM, July 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com