baa baa black sheep

8.03.2007

Joy

7:52 a.m.

You know what's funny when you have a stomach infection? Getting prescribed an antibiotic where the main side effects are nausea, dizziness, and vomiting! Comedic gold, you guys.

Gold.

Also, just tack on one of those pleasant antibiotic-induced girly infections, and a trip to the store for medicine because I couldn't let J buy that for me, and nearly puking at the store, and then checking out when my only item was that box, that blatantly screaming box that tells the entire store of the angriness that is going on in my girl junk, and then the cashier was all, "You don't need a BAG for this, do you?" It wasn't like I was buying a Dr. Pepper. COME ON.

I shoved it in my purse and went home to dry heave.

Hilarious!

Who's writing this stuff? Come on. I want to know.

Also, because they have perfect timing and haven't really been getting sick at all since we switched them to the new food, the cats decided yesterday was a good day to projectile vomit all over the mud room. Which induced more gagging on my part.

I think it was this one:





































Coltrane is fairly evil. Lately she has taken to sitting across the room and staring at us accusingly, biting my leg, and, well.

Sleeping in this Halloween decoration's lap:




















We drug it out of a closet and haven't packed it yet (because...how do you pack that thing?) and we've even caught her LICKING HIS FACE.

Behold the peace on her creepy little face:




















The other night we were on the couch and the trio of pets were lying on the floor and staring at us, as usual, and someone on television said something about giving birth. I crooned to the dog, "Monk, do you want to give birth?" because I am Crazy and Like That, and then said, "Coltrane, do you want to give birth?"

J replied, "Coltrane would give birth to spiders."

(I married the best man ever.)

In Kansas, J's family kept asking when we were going to have a baby (hi! we got married in June!) and he kept saying awesome things like "She's already got a dog and two cats" and "Baby? You mean a puppy." I love him and he is awesome. Even though he laughs sort of, you know, disbelievingly when I say the pets bring joy into my life.

But! It's true.

Even this brings me joy:


























Love,
black sheeped

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture on Coltrane in the skeletons lap made me laugh and laugh.

10:14 AM, August 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god; I cannot spell or punctuate AT ALL today. My comment should've been:

"That picture OF Coltrane on the skeleton's lap made me laugh and laugh."

10:15 AM, August 03, 2007  
Blogger Shannon said...

Spider babies!!!

11:04 AM, August 03, 2007  
Blogger Marie Green said...

Could it really be the summer of crazy without some medical drama thrown in, just for kicks? It just makes your case so much more... dramatic? fun to tell?

Gawd, that totally sucks. At least you're not moving anytime soon, or anything, right?

Gotta love Coltrane and skeletal lover and her spider babies. Maybe they'd be spider bone babies?

12:00 PM, August 03, 2007  
Blogger Swistle said...

That cat TOTALLY looks like a cat who vomited all over the place. On purpose.

Also, that cat probably thinks she is sitting on the lap of her Dark Master.

1:05 PM, August 03, 2007  
Blogger Mommy Daisy said...

I sure hope you start feeling better soon. You've been through a rough summer.

Cat pictures are great. Evil cat. Ha. So funny.

7:42 PM, August 03, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

Boy, do you guys deserve a nice quiet, peaceful, LUCK filled autumn!

9:49 PM, August 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com