baa baa black sheep

3.04.2008

Seven

I think over my break maybe I was tagged for the seven random things meme, and I think I have done it before, and I reeeeeally don't think I am ready to go digging through my clogged reader to find out who tagged me (forgive me!). But! I will do it again! And whoever tagged me: I'm sorry! Blame the reader!

1. I like the television to be turned down low. Waaaaay low. (And music, unless I am working on art or am feeling especially rocking-out-ish in the car. Then I like it to be inappropriately loud.) I'm constantly turning my husband's music down when I know it is at a perfectly acceptable volume. It just seems so loud. The tv seems so loud. Deafening! When he is not home and I watch tv, I turn it down, way down. Just at a notch where I can barely hear it, just barely. And it is a relief.

This makes no sense, considering how loudly I talk.

2. I love love love to press buttons in elevators, and I am always jealous when someone else beats me to it.

3. But, it feels lazy to take an elevator for less than five or six floors, and nothing feels lazier than the mall escalator. I prefer to take the stairs.

4. I actually have quite a strong avoidance to mall escalators. I hate how they only go in one direction, so there has to be TWO, and inevitably I find the wrong one. And I hate that people on escalators are so quietly staring at each other, and feel so self conscious about it all. So much creepy escalator observation! And I'm always unsure if I am supposed to walk up them, to speed up the awful process, or just stay still. Which is better? Which is less rude? Which is less awful?

I think I hate escalators.

5. I have a slow walk. It's true. I'm a pokey walker. And I shuffle a bit, although I'm always trying not to shuffle. The shuffling is usually only noticeable because all of my pants are too long, and the bottoms of the hems drag. This is annoying when the ground is wet.

"Just get your pants hemmed!" OR, I could make lame attempts to roll them up in rain or snow, and then complain a lot when they invariably unroll and the hems get wet/cold. Obviously the latter is a better option.

6. I associate colors with people. Last night I told my husband he is always Crayola grass green or royal blue, and he told me that I am red. Swistle is yellow. My sister is peach. My father is navy. My best friend growing up was a rosy brown. And so on.

7. I have a strong love for blankets and quilts and throws, and I believe I own way too many. And yet: there could always be more.

I have to go to work, and am not going to tag anyone else. But do it, if you want!

Love,
black sheeped

11 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

I hate escalators too. It takes SO LONG and it is SO AWKWARD to be standing on there while you could be WALKING.

One time I went to a seminar at an office building downtown, and there were FOUR sets of escalators, with stairs right beside them, to get to the meeting room, and I was the ONLY one who took the stairs. AND I was pregnant at the time.

Okay, that's a little weird now that I type it out.

8:09 AM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger Shannon said...

I wore new shoes yesterday and realized that I have a shuffle, too. I also need a belt.

I didn't know one could have too many blankets or quilts. The more the merrier.

8:28 AM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger Marie Green said...

1. I hate loud tv or music too! I've even trained my kids to listen to the tv very low- added bonus- they have to sit quietly to hear, so they fight less!

Also, I hate the sound of tv on if no one is watching. Our tv is NEVER on unless we are actively watching.

I can handle music as a background noise, and I too crank it if I want to sing or dance.

Also, my voice is loud. =)

2. You and my twins could FIGHT over elevator buttons. We've had some knock-downs over the elevator buttons. NOW we decide ahead of time who is pushing the outside button and who is pushing the inside button.

7. I also have a strong love for blankets of any kind. We have piles of them, but still if I see one with a different texture than what we already have, or in a pretty color, then I want MORE.

8:45 AM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger Jess said...

I am the same way on the volume thing. I always turn it down and it drives Torsten CRAZY.

Also, who in your life is purple??

8:54 AM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

My pants are always too long, too, and inevitably are an inch deep in mud by the end of the day. Have I ever hemmed pants in my whole life? No. Will I ever? It's not looking good.
I hate escalators too, but am also kind of claustrophobic in elevators. Stairs are the only good option, except, whoops! Hard to drag the old stroller up them.

9:00 AM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger Pickles and Dimes said...

I always walk up escalators if there's people on them, but if I'm the only one on it, then I ride it like a ride. And I don't feel guilty.

I think if we pooled our excess quilts and blankets together, we could cover the world.

What color am I? Tell me, PLEASE!

9:18 AM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger Swistle said...

If there's no one ahead of me but there IS someone behind me, I walk up the escalator. I like the ones at airports, where the up and down are side by side instead of diagonally crossed.

My pants unrolled into a puddle today. Sad.

I'm yellow? I like that! I would be endlessly interested in hearing the colors of other people you know.

11:19 AM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger Beth said...

I love elevators. In fact,one of my favorite scenes is when he pushes all the buttons at once in a wild and reckless kid way. In my secret heart I've always wanted to do that.

If you know my color I'd like to hear it. Then I can paint my entire house and dye the cats and my hair.

11:30 AM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger artemisia said...

You are always a happy red/orange to me!

12:02 PM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger Black Sheeped said...

Jess--I have a former boss who was purple. I think of you as a purple, but it is a pale grayish purple.

Pickles: a greener version of aqua.

Pixel: a grayish tannish green, mostly grayish green. Sometimes, though, there are bits of fuschia woven in.

Artemisia is burgundy.

Anyone else? Swistle, who else?

8:57 PM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger Shannon said...

More on the pants thing. I really like how pants look as they are started to get ragged from dragging on the ground. My husbands have that cool fray in the back (I don't know how his pants do it, he is 6'2" and mine don't and I am 5'1") and I covet them.

10:41 AM, March 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com