baa baa black sheep

2.12.2008

Magical

Photos, because...it's almost Wednesday. I have already lost my phone five times this week, it is the first day in a week I haven't had a fever (just weariness! yay!), I didn't sleep last night because of dog mouth noises and fever-sweating, tonight I had to declare an All Dogs Must Go In A Crate While We Eat Dinner Because I Have Had It rule, someone asked me today if I am joining Weight Watchers (this is after I let the nurse on Friday weigh me while I wore my boots and heavy winter coat, because I have been feeling so comfortable/happy with my body/appearance), I'm tired of tripping on snow/ice when I walk to my car after work, and Monk ate the wrapper from a package of raw chicken today.

So! A brief photo essay a few of the things I love most.

Dogs:
















The Roll, getting situated in the sun.






















Monk has a pointed skull and Cab has one limp ear. They also bite each other's teeth. It is weird. And clicky.





















Oh no! Where is Monk's head? Monk!

Also: my husband is handsome.
















This is my side of the couch. It is where I sit and write these terrible, terrible posts. Tonight The Roll laid on my arm, while I was wearing sweat pants, my husband's Ramones shirt, and a hoodie with hearts. Also: a cat hair covered fleece blanket. The best part of my day is when I put on pajamas, get settled in my corner of the couch, and am pinned down by a large purring moron.

I made my husband take a picture of us, because I declared the moment to be "magical" and "perfect." Please note we are in the blue glow of Swistle's blog post about her kitties. I think I need a kitty intervention.

Also, isn't The Roll's head sort of huge?




















See? Fuzzy head, couch, pajamas. It is magical.

















And, no. He's not at all creepy and enormous.






















Two huge, thick-skulled, whiney jerks. That let me hug them, hard, whenever I want.

Also, sometimes I find pet hair inside my purse.
















I have a good husband,
black sheeped

EDIT, EDIT. VERY IMPORTANT EDIT. I can't believe I almost didn't notice this horror:

















13 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I love your photos. And your captions. And you and your husband as a very sweet couple.

9:13 PM, February 12, 2008  
Blogger Mommy Daisy said...

Awesome, and also magical. You're a lot of fun.

9:39 PM, February 12, 2008  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

I was going to leave a comment about how adorable The Roll is, but then I realized that the WHOLE FAMILY is adorable! <3

12:14 AM, February 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just about the cutest family I know!!!

6:37 AM, February 13, 2008  
Blogger Flibberty said...

Hi. You look so happy in the picture with "The Roll." It made me want to go home and put on jammies and cuddle with my version of a cat (my poodle).

7:57 AM, February 13, 2008  
Blogger Tess said...

I was thinking the head looked huge! He looks like one of those no-neck gangsters from the Sopranos! Cute.

7:59 AM, February 13, 2008  
Blogger Fine For Now said...

I will never get tired of hearing about your pets, so cute :o)

8:30 AM, February 13, 2008  
Blogger Pickles and Dimes said...

The best part of my day is when I put on pajamas, get settled in my corner of the couch, and am pinned down by a large purring moron.

Hee!

That's exactly how I feel, too.

9:04 AM, February 13, 2008  
Blogger Swistle said...

That DOES look magical. I think the glow is actually coming from YOU.

9:12 AM, February 13, 2008  
Blogger Saly said...

Yes- we have an over-abundance of cat hair in our house as well—especially on my fleecy pants, blankets and comforters. Damn cats……I love your photos!

10:06 AM, February 13, 2008  
Blogger artemisia said...

Magical, indeed! Jammies and happy pets are the best.

10:52 AM, February 13, 2008  
Blogger Banana said...

Who unsolicited-ly asks if someone is going on Weight Watchers? What a dumb thing to say.

11:12 AM, February 13, 2008  
Blogger Marie Green said...

Listen, woman, you are making me want pets. I need more dependents around here like I need more below zero days.

Also, your pets have awesome names.

3:36 PM, February 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com