baa baa black sheep

2.17.2008

Recharge

For a smattering of reasons ranging from being busy to feeling burnt out to having a bit of a carpal tunnel flare up to being waaaaaaay behind on painting, I'm going to take a vacation from words here. I have a backlog of photos that I might post sporadically, but for a week (or probably two) I think I'll camp out in my studio at night and avoid the computer in the morning. Force my brain to produce more visually and less verbally. Try to finish a few paintings, try to get some things worked out in my mind. I need some centering time.

Plus, next weekend we are going to do Something Fun. We are not sure what that will involve, but I have the dogs scheduled to board Saturday and Sunday so things might get wild. Wild, I say! Maybe we'll go somewhere and visit a museum! Maybe we'll go to a city and have a nice dinner and see a movie at a leisurely pace, and not have Dog Bladder Worries nagging at us.

(Let's pretend I won't miss them horribly! I'm weird.)

So, um.

For now, here are a couple of tiny silly videos (they are terrible, and one was accidental) (also: inside look at how infuriating it must be to have a conversation with me in real life). I don't know what you like to do after work on your work Saturdays when you are exhausted and crampy, but! You could recharge by changing clothes, going to a farm, and feeding a new born lamb a bottle. (So awkward, because the weak little lamb hadn't figured it out yet. And because I hadn't either. )

After feeding a lamb, if you really want to perk yourself up, you should see a cat and a ewe being best friends, and rubbing faces, and playing. You will die of happiness.

And THEN, to top it off, if you hug the fattest, orange-iest barn cat ever, you will be ready for Monday.

When you come home, your husband will tell you that you smell like a barn (hello, sheep poop) and you should take a shower and then a nap. If you continue to think of tiny black scampering lambs and fat squeakily purring orange cats, everything will surely be okay.























8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, I love that lamb video! My aunt used to raise goats and I have lots of memories of her bottle feeding the kids. Because apparently is they nursed off their mothers, it would pull their teats down and make them saggy and they wouldn't show well in the fairs. Hmm, how very much like human life...
Anyways! Enjoy your blogging hiatus and your Wild Weekend!

10:02 AM, February 18, 2008  
Blogger Saly said...

I love fat orange cats!!!

Also--I think we sound alike. Weird.

11:09 AM, February 18, 2008  
Blogger heather said...

I love farm babies!!

Have a good week (or two) off and get painting and get centered and have a fabulous "childless" weekend with your husband enjoying yourselves. Good for you!!

1:21 PM, February 18, 2008  
Blogger Beth said...

Enjoy your wild weekend. Don't worry about the babies. They will have a riot at the vet's place.

The chewing sheep was very existential. It's like the sheep knew the excitement of my daily life.

I often take breaks from blogging because I want to do other things. It can become overwhelming to post daily sometimes. Paint away! If I see a post here before the end of the month I'll send you a big orange cat in a box. I happen to have one sitting right next to me. Hugs to you.

3:50 AM, February 19, 2008  
Blogger Jess said...

That cat is incredibly cute. Enjoy your time off. We'll miss you.

8:41 AM, February 19, 2008  
Blogger Penny said...

Have a good hiatus. Hope you recharge well, and those pesky bladder problems go away.

8:31 PM, February 19, 2008  
Blogger Pickles and Dimes said...

That picture of you holding the big orange cat is awesome.

Enjoy your break!

10:41 AM, February 20, 2008  
Blogger CAQuincy said...

So....when you're recharged and back from sabbatical--you've been tagged on my blog. ;-)

1:32 PM, February 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com