baa baa black sheep

11.29.2006

Winter

7:27 a.m.

My boss had a sad family emergency last week and had to suddenly leave the state. And work has been crazy. The Thanksgiving weekend was sort of nutty, since I ended up working a fair portion of it, and I'm looking forward to two days off in a row. My sinuses, too.

Today the high is 10 degrees. And snow, of course, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm more excited about the -10 wind chill. I was wondering when this pansy weather would end and it would start acting like winter around here. We really needed some snow to cover the huge tumbleweed mess going on in the driveway. You know. That huge pile of tumbleweeds I'm too lazy to bag up and throw away.

(I'm pretty sure our neighbor has been stacking his against our house. We haven't caught him in the act, but some of those tumbleweeds definitely were in his yard one day, and stacked in our driveway with twenty others the next.)

(You should see the dog try to walk around/stumble through them. It's like a maze! Of pointy dead mobile shrubs!)

So. Um. Thank you, snow? For covering my laziness with a blanket of clean white.

black sheep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com