baa baa black sheep

11.17.2006

Eggnog

7:20 a.m.

So far this week I have been at work for a grand total of seven hours and fifteen minutes. I swear I'm going to try to double that today.

My voice is back, sort of. For a few glorious minutes at a time. (And, I really love to talk. I talk a lot. You might, in fact, agree with my mother, who says from the moment I could talk I have babbled from the second I wake up to the second I sleep, but no, wait, even after I fall asleep. So. This has not been "easy.") And now the chest cold part has decided to share with my head. So last night I did that fun cold thing where you try to sleep sitting up, propped up in a pathetic attempt to let gravity keep the snot out of your nose and head. But it doesn't work very well. The logistics are sound. Really. Right? I took physics in high school! But it doesn't work.

Sad.

Maybe I'm the only person who does that. At least I don't imitate my second best friend in seventh grade, who used to wander around her house with a tissue shoved up whichever nostril was clogged/running. AT LEAST. Gross.

I can't believe this week is almost over. I can't believe the gallons of orange juice and tea I've consumed haven't nipped this in the bud sooner. And all the sleep. Thanks for nothing, natural remedies. I'm more clogged and my chest and throat hurt more than ever. I'm pretty sure it's all echinacea's fault. I hate you, organic cures.

Hate.

You.

I have to buy some Dayquil and Nyquil today. (Is it just me or do those new cold medicines that are harder to use in making meth just...not cut it? Don't perform as well? Just me again? Fine.)

Oh, but look! It's Friday! Already! Next week is Thanksgiving! When we all get to eat a lot! And then we'll pull out our white Christmas tree and start watching Christmas specials, and I hope to drink a lot of eggnog and wassail this holiday season, because. Working in retail during the holidays = the need for regular eggnog consumption.

Love,
black sheep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com