baa baa black sheep

1.12.2007

Two

7:27 a.m.

I like when I wake up and it's two degrees. And then I check the weather and see the high is two degrees.

Have I mentioned I'm tired of winter? Also, I don't want to go scrape/brush all the snow off my car. Again. AGAIN.

The best (or worst) part of all the cold and snow has been watching the Denver news stations' idiotic coverage of it. It seems every morning they send out three or four different reporters to stand by highways or at bus stops for riveting interviews with locals. This morning a reporter had the following conversation with a guy waiting for a bus in three degree weather:

Reporter: "Good morning! How about this weather? What did you think when you left the house this morning?"
Man: "Yeah. It's freezing."
Reporter: "Yeah! Freezing! How long have you been waiting for a bus?"
Man: "Thirty minutes."
Reporter: "HAHAHA! Those busses are running late! How do you feel right now?"
Man (looking uncomfortable): "Yeah, it's freezing."
Reporter: "Haha!"
Man: (silence)

Another reporter, a few weeks ago, actually made the camera zoom in on her foot. She scraped in the snow and ice with her boot and said, "OH MY GOSH! Look at that! Complete ice and snow under there! You can see as I scrape my foot it is completely on snow and ice! Slippery, folks!" I didn't think anything would top that, ever, until this morning. The same woman was standing by a snowy road and she held up a water bottle. "And would you look at this! This water bottle, I put it out at 5:30 this morning, and by six it was frozen solid! That means it's cold! Look, I'm going to throw it so you see how rock solid it is!" With that, she gave a little pathetic toss of the water bottle and the camera zoomed in on it where it rested on the icy sidewalk. "Frozen like a rock! It is cold! And so many people are cold out here, I have given away a WHOLE THERMOS-FUL of cocoa this morning!" She held up a rather small thermos. "I have really been helping these people out by giving out this warm cocoa! I know they appreciate it a ton!"

And so on.

And so on.

Oh, Denver news. Get over it.

In other news, more pictures of a frolicking dog in the snow (because I know you can't get enough) (I LOVE THE DOG):














































































































This is the field where I walk the dog, taken yesterday evening. It was windy. And sort of cold. And sort of awesome.


















This is me wondering 1) why I decided to walk the dog and 2) why I forgot to bring a hat:

















Pure bliss (see also: why I decided to walk the dog in the snow):














































Happy Friday,
black sheep

1 Comments:

Blogger Swistle said...

Laughing at the reporter giving cocoa to the masses. Ha ha!

11:04 AM, January 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com