baa baa black sheep

10.22.2007

ENFP

So!

Hi!

If you're wondering if I'm going to get enough of a grip on my brain to write a thoughtful or remotely coherent post in the next few months, you are probably wondering in vain.

In vain, I say! Because I am not.

A) Tonight, I made brownies from scratch for the very first time, ever. J and I were both dubious about it, but after reading about all these bloggers' made-from-scratch brownies allllll summer I couldn't stand it anymore. Because I am lazy, I followed the recipe on the back of my canister of cocoa, and went ahead and added a bag of peanut butter chips and a third of a bag of chocolate chips (what? I can't just follow a recipe!). Despite my deep-rooted fear that any brownie attempt that didn't involve a box of mix purchased on a whim during PMS would SUCK, they turned out well. I don't know if I can ever go back.

Good thing I now have a workplace, so I can dispose of the majority of them and let them go straight to the hips of OTHER people. (Of course, I'm lying. I will likely eat most of them here, and take a pathetic little baggie of them to work when I can't stand the guilt anymore.)

B) Speaking of work, it is time to start working on the Christmas parade and Christmas theme for our business. We had a meeting about it today. There was some concern expressed that some of the employees would not feel excited or motivated about working on the float, but they obviously do not know who they are dealing with. If I have learned anything in my life, I have learned that my one (1) true skill is Being Excited About Nonsense and Occasionally Passing it On to Others. I am completely able and willing to tell everyone how excited I am about this holiday stuff, and I will talk LOUDLY about it, and I will smile a LOT, and they will not know what HIT them. In fact, today during the meeting, I started clapping in excitement over the idea of making huge gingerbread people and hollering, "I AM SO EXCITED, YOU GUYS!" They seemed relieved about that.

That is how I am, and I am good at it, and I am ready to be pumped for the next five weeks about the Best. Christmas. Parade. EVER.

I'm loyal like that.

C) In other thrilling news (I assume you are on the edge of your seat by now, clenching the mouse, white-knuckled in anticipation of the next paragraph), I made more attempts to take a decent picture of the dogs. See, I got this ridiculous dog shaped frame that must a) hold a photo of the dogs and b) sit on my desk at work. So I couldn't give up. When I failed, I made J take more after our walk this evening.

Behold! I think we finally captured the cuteness! Or rather, my husband did, while I clutched them firmly and refused to let them move.

























































































Aren't they cute? The Journey to Harness the Cute on Camera was long and difficult, but it was sooooo worth it. You can't deny it. Jerky Stupid Dogs=Heart!

Love,
black sheeped

10 Comments:

Blogger aurantifolia said...

Ohhh. True love! <3

They are SOOOO cute together. :)

12:13 AM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger Flibberty said...

Oh look at that doggy love! Wonderful!

And Christmas parade! This sound awesome. I too would be leaping out of excitement over gingerbread peoples! Yippee!

7:06 AM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger Jess said...

The third one is just the cutest ever.

7:55 AM, October 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Love post title.

2) Love working with people like you.

3) Love photos of dogs, especially last two photos.

8:09 AM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger email said...

I'm sure I just totally missed something somewhere, but what kind of work do you do that involves getting to make a Christmas float?

8:10 AM, October 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Monk's expression! He's like, "I do not deserve having to pose for pictures." And Cab's ears are so adorable; I love how one's always flopped over. Hee!

8:45 AM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger Marie Green said...

The ARE adorable. Also, you guys will be EXPERTS at photographing moving targets by the time you are parents. (If you decide to go that route, don't mean to assume.)

Also, parades are fun! Especially when there are fun people to work with, like you!

I'm not sure I've ever made brownies from scratch either. Because the boxed kinds are so good! But if you and Swistle don't shut it soon, I'm going to cave...

9:50 AM, October 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, those boys are freaking adorable!

Christmas parade? I've never been to one but I sort of want to go!!!!

10:17 AM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger Black Sheeped said...

JMC--I work for a home building company. I think a lot of the local businesses participate.

Pickles--Isn't that funny? He looks dignified, but he was actually just thinking about rolling in poop, I suspect.

Marie--Do it!

12:42 PM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger Pann said...

having just caught up on your blog... first I must say OH those Doggies are really, really, really loveable and cute!

Second: bird seed poop. Oh GROSS! But yeah, I bet the bird's eat it anyway. They don't call em bird brains for nothin'... plus, squirrels will probably come check it out too.

11:57 AM, October 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com