baa baa black sheep

2.07.2008

Brief

Yesterday at work it was just two of us; everyone else stayed home because of The Contagious Illness of Doom and/or The Big Dump of Blowing Snow. I suspect I have a version of The Doom (not so much "suspect" as "am in denial that"), but I am hardcore. I did, however, make a doctor's appointment for Friday because my boss told me to (something about "you've been hacking and coughing all DAY" and "you LOOK SICK"). (I think perhaps 80 percent of this town has bronchitis right now.) Also, I refused to drive to the pharmacy because when I left work for lunch, in three seconds I saw about ten million cars slide haphazardly all over the road/into curbs/out of parking lots. And I nearly fell in the middle of the street because of the treacherous hills of snow. The snow was strange--it was fine, but thick; powdery, but dense. Silky and slick, but grainy.

Um. The point of that paragraph was to say: I am hardcore, but also a sissy.

Sometimes I get jealous when my husband gets to have snow days. This is because I am hardcore, but also a sissy, and also, an excuse-needing shirker: I would occasionally like to wear pajamas all day because of icy road conditions.

To doubly make sure this is the most pointless post, ever, how about some pleas for Blogger help? When I click on my spellcheck or add-a-photo buttons, nothing is happening. Any tips? "Curse the name of Google" is apparently not working.

Kisses,
black sheeped

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am getting married tomorrow!

Sister.

7:52 AM, February 07, 2008  
Blogger Jess said...

I am like that too. All about the needing of the excuses, and yet considering myself hardcore.

I hope that The Doom passes quickly.

8:44 AM, February 07, 2008  
Blogger Tess said...

Blogger. I seriously CANNOT BELIEVE Spellcheck is still broken. It's just...crazy. I haven't had problems with uploading photos though (TODAY). I would keep trying on that.

9:11 AM, February 07, 2008  
Blogger artemisia said...

I love when I am told I have to stay home, because then I have to and it isn't me wussing out.

I HATE WINTER.

12:07 PM, February 07, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

Jim is very lucky he can work from home if the weather is bad. I'm sorry you have to tough it out. Winter can seriously sap your will to live.

3:22 PM, February 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com