baa baa black sheep

2.04.2008

One

In answer to your questions:

Yes, I love my haircut. It feels awesome. I have had really long hair chopped off three times now (look at my overachieving hair growth! fancy!) and every time I have kicked myself for not doing it sooner. Also, my husband said I look hot. Also, I am no longer getting tangled up in seatbelts (this is more painful than you would expect), shutting my hair in cardoors (this is not so much because of the length, but because I am an idiot), and getting it snagged in purse straps.

A month ago, I was detangling my hair with a heavy duty wide toothed comb after using massive amounts of conditioner. And the comb snapped in half.

That is how annoying my hair was.

I just barely chopped off ten inches, which is the requirement for Locks of Love. However, because of the gray streaks, I don't know if they'll use it. I'm sending in it, though, because even if you have gray/less than ten inches, they will sell your hair to other places to offset manufacturing costs.

Who gets the job of opening envelopes of hair? Because that job sounds scary.

My weekend was full, and very nice, and very relaxing. The dogs were bad, as usual, it snowed a ton, as usual. Also, some ice, as usual. I fell asleep before the Super Bowl was over, and had a nice two-hour-pre-bedtime nap. And, of course, I watched Puppy Bowl, with the glorious Kitten Half Time Show, AND before that watched a dog show.

Best television programming, ever.

So, back to work, and I need to go clear the car of ice. My husband is asleep, because his school is having a two hour late start, the dogs are asleep, the cats are asleep.

I, however, have some Mt. Dew Code Red.

Saturday Night Dog Dance Party 2008:




















(Oh, Monk. Your belly is so bald. And...weird. Please note I lifted Cab last week to weigh him, and he is a whopping 81 pounds and growing. I lifted with my legs. I swear.)


































































































Love,
black sheeped

P.S. Swistle wins for having the strangest, yet most efficient, leg shaving method.

P.S. Two. Sometimes, when I write posts about my mental crazies, I am wishy-washy about hitting publish. And then I get an email or several from readers saying nice things, or saying, hey, I feel that too, what do you think of such and such? And that makes posting about uncomfortable things very, very okay.

P.S. Three. Blogger, what is GOING ON with the spell check? I can't be bothered to go back and check myself! I don't even know where my shoes are, and I have to scrape the car! GEEZ.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Blogger keeps telling me that words that I KNOW are spelled correctly are not, in fact, words. Driving me to check the dictionary in a fit of paranoia, only to discover that I was right in the first place. Stupid Blogger.

I love the picture of you and your husband! So cute.

7:56 AM, February 04, 2008  
Blogger Swistle said...

Your hair is So! Cute!

Also: you and your husband. So! Cute!

9:03 AM, February 04, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

So is your hair NATURALLY all curly and silky and shiny like that? Please tell me that was the result of a curling iron and some sort of styling product. Or I might not know how to feel towards you any more...
Also, my dog was VERY ANNOYING this weekend too.
And, I am keep hitting spellcheck and then being devastated all over again that it doesn't work.

12:56 PM, February 04, 2008  
Blogger Mommy Daisy said...

I'm the same way with hair. When I finally cut long hair off, I wish I would have done it sooner. Mine grows fast too, so I don't fear going drastic like that. In fact I've thought about doing that very thing soon.

Love the photos. It looks like you were all having a great time.

1:32 PM, February 04, 2008  
Blogger Marie Green said...

Your weekend sounds lovely. I miss laying around days. Doesn't happen so much with 3 kiddos. I'm not complaining, and I'm not even wishing- if I DIDN'T have kids yet, I'd just be wishing I DID. Anyway, it sounds lovely and relaxing and wonderful and cozy.

We got a ton of snow today. But it stopped now.

3:14 PM, February 04, 2008  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

Just found you via Swistle. Great blog - I love your doggie pictures - makes me yearn for one!

3:19 PM, February 04, 2008  
Blogger Penny said...

God I love your haircut. It inspires me to chop mine off too.

1:39 PM, February 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com