baa baa black sheep

1.23.2008

Yellow

Today was one of those days where work was super busy, I had a throbbing headache, it snowed even more, I accidentally got oil wood stain tinting pigment in my eye (red iron oxide, baby) (read that all again, slowly, and think about the pigment that is used to dye the stain you put on your DECK), work was crazy busy, and I had the looming knowledge all day that tomorrow? Tomorrow is annoying work-12-hours-day.

So.

Here's something I've been working on, when I'm not at work/not taking care of animals/not losing track of a million things/not getting annoyed because I can not find curtains I like, anywhere, ever. I thought it would be interesting to record the layers of a piece. Maybe it's not, but...maybe it is. Pretend it's a montage or something, I don't know. Listen to some Coldplay in your head.

Coldplay!














































Still has a long way to go.

Wednesday-ed,
black sheeped

11 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I think it is awesome to see it as a work in progress. I love the progression.

Have you thought about making your own curtains?

8:54 PM, January 23, 2008  
Blogger Marie Green said...

Wow, I am drooling with envy at your artistic ability. I find it Extremely interesting to see your work in progress. How do you know when you are done? How do you know what to do next? Do you have a "vision" and work towards that, or does the paintbrush lead the way?

Wow.

8:56 PM, January 23, 2008  
Blogger Beth said...

Make those curtains and then you can change them whenever you want to.

Love watching the painting in progress, something I never mastered. I draw or use watercolors. Oil and acrylics scare me.

Is you eye okay? Or is it going to be a different color from your other eye for the rest of your life?

6:29 AM, January 24, 2008  
Blogger Black Sheeped said...

Pixel--Eye is fine. Threw out that contact, though, just in case.

Shannon and Pixel--I don't want to make my own curtains because: sigh. I am lazy. I'll think about it, though. I might have to.

Marie--I'll think about these questions. These aren't things I use words for, normally, so let me mull.

7:03 AM, January 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the progression pics!!! I'm interested in your answers to Marie Green's questions.

7:49 AM, January 24, 2008  
Blogger Jess said...

The progression of that piece is so cool. I am so not a painter and I would never have thought of it that way.

I hope your 12 hour day is flying by!

8:51 AM, January 24, 2008  
Blogger Pickles and Dimes said...

That is so cool to see the painting as it progresses. I just love the girl's expression for some reason.

Hope your eye is OK!

12:19 PM, January 24, 2008  
Blogger Penny said...

Love the color, you have an excellent eye - provided it isn't damaged beyond repair with oxide crap! Yikes! Sorry!

2:59 PM, January 24, 2008  
Blogger Swistle said...

I looked again and again and again at the three progression pictures (1 then 2 then 1 then 2 then 1....etc., then a round of 2 then 3 then 2 then 3 then 2 then 3...etc., then 1, 2, 3 AND SO ON, I THINK YOU GET THE IDEA). Very interesting.

I wonder if "knowing when it's done," "having a vision for the final thing," etc., is similar for art and for writing?

8:03 PM, January 24, 2008  
Blogger Fine For Now said...

Very interesting, glad you are showing the picture progression :o)

7:30 AM, January 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

helo, may i be your friends. i am herfin, from borneo, indonesia. add me: tamasyatour@yahoo.co.id

10:29 AM, January 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com