baa baa black sheep

2.05.2008

Petty

I don't know why they're forecasting twelve inches of snow for today, because I really would like to wear flip flops.

Yesterday was the sort of day where:

a) I was the passenger during a minor car hitting accident (it wasn't my husband, either, because he has sonar abilities when he drives)
b) I lost my cell phone, and so drove to job sites after work to muck about in snow/mud puddles while muttering angrily "Why do I even have a cell phone? Why do I even have a cell phone?", only to find out later it was in a co-worker's car
c) Monk got all wimpy about having to stand on Wet Ground to Pee, which prolonged bed-time by about eighteen million years
d) nearly everyone I work with has some sort of disgusting throwing up/sore throat/chest congestion/fever/diarrhea illness
e) I came home for lunch to eat leftover lo mein. Delicious, delicious lo mein. I looked forward to it all morning, because I lead the sort of exciting life you are jealous of. Obviously. But I dropped the bowl of steaming lo mein, upside down, on the kitchen floor, while pulling it out of the microwave. Also, the dogs descended, which just was adding insult to injury.

Also, my sinuses are out of control. Also, helpful tip:

When you can't sleep at 3:30 a.m. because you can't breathe from snot, it is best not to focus on the horrible, horrible noises the dogs are making with their mouths, lips, and/or toenails. It will gross you out (with the bonus of infuriating you, just a little). You will sigh and get up at 4:30. You will sit on the couch, mouth breathing grouchily, while the dogs and cats stare at you, all tense and weird and unblinking, wondering where the hell breakfast is, and also, hey! WHERE THE HELL IS BREAKFAST, WOMAN?

IT IS FOUR THIRTY.

GET ON IT.

And now that I have some complaining out of my system, I will go to work. I hope you are voting, if it is your voting day. And I hope those dogs have a nice morning sleeping soundly, with their disgusting, disgusting lips and toenails.

Get on it,
black sheeped

7 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Oh no! That is so disappointing about the lo mein. And I'm glad the car accident you were in was minor. And I will not be voting this week, but I will be voting next week. For DC's four Democratic delegates. Every little bit counts, right?

8:21 AM, February 05, 2008  
Blogger Pickles and Dimes said...

Oh, I am so sorry you had a crappy day/night. I hope today goes much more smoothly.

Jason & I were once in the middle of a hee-yooge fight when I was reheating some chili in the microwave. As I pulled his bowl out, it slipped and splashed chili everywhere. It also prolonged our fight by 34 years.

Also, today I was late to work because I had to clean up cat poop from the carpet, Abby's butt, and also off the hardwood where the "deposit" finally landed. God.

9:07 AM, February 05, 2008  
Blogger Flibberty said...

Pets. Can't live with 'em. Can't live without 'em.

Feel better soon!

10:21 AM, February 05, 2008  
Blogger Penny said...

You need a do-over for today. Dogs eating the precious lo mein, can it get much worse?!? Oh and also hope you were all okay in the accident.

1:40 PM, February 05, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

Bad drivers are infuriating, dogs eating your leftover Chinese are infuriating, colds are infuriating, insomnia is infuriating. I am furious for you.

2:48 PM, February 05, 2008  
Blogger Beth said...

I often have insomnia (hmmmm. 3:17 a.m. current time). Invariably the cats will run to their dishes and sit looking at them, as if I can read their walnut-sized brains that are saying, "You're awake. It must be breakfast time." So far 2 have been in the office and looked at me mournfully. I've ignored them. The sad thing is that I usually feed them around 5:30, so now that I'm going to sleep, I'll have to get up in 2 hours and smell fish.

I'm sorry your day was so frustrating.

I live in Michigan and got screwed re voting because they moved our primary date up. So they slapped somebody, and we got no delegates to send. The Republicans get to send half their delegates, but the Democrats get nada. I want my vote back.

2:22 AM, February 06, 2008  
Blogger artemisia said...

Bad nights of sleep make me soooo pissy. Oh, those damn dogs. I KNOW the look they were giving you. I do!

3:58 PM, February 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com