baa baa black sheep

1.21.2008

In

This weekend was busy, and I was going to write a bunch of stuff about how my husband and I went to the holiday (?) bash for his work, and how no one was dancing, and how we went out to the dance floor, alone, and GOT THE PARTY STARTED. We only fast dance, we dance as if we are idiots, and for some reason this gets us applause. Then other people start dancing. I am ashamed to admit I don't know how many times we have gone to a dance floor, alone, and danced as if we are 14 years old in front of a bedroom mirror, and I am ashamed to admit this has gotten us applause and shouts more than once.

Then people told us we are cool and begged us to stay, and we were hits, for some reason, but we went home because we had to take the dogs out. And sit on the couch.

This is because we are not, in fact, cool, but comfortable with who we are.

Or lazy.

Either way, today I get to see this lady, and that is good.

So here are some photos, from the weekend, and I need to get to work, because...it's time for work. Oh, work! Making me have to be places on time! You break my heart.






































































































































































A week ago I picked out the ugliest one I could find, and named him Ginger after Gilligan's Island, and he's still alive. Still ugly, too:























































































Love,
me

5 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I love love love your photos! The second and third ones are so beautifully lit.

9:10 AM, January 21, 2008  
Blogger Beth said...

My favorite is the fan of curly dog tail on the dark background! But they're all great!

Don't you just long for spring (as I do) so I can get outside with the camera? Instead, it's snowing again. All week, I think.

I'd move to the tropics, but they have big nasty bugs there.

3:14 PM, January 21, 2008  
Blogger Swistle said...

What is the one after the dog cheek flaps? It looks like...dogs causing mass destruction with art supplies?

8:41 PM, January 21, 2008  
Blogger Black Sheeped said...

Swistle--It's just a close up of the edge of my glass palette, some scraped off old paint, and my paint scrapers. I scrape off the dried paint to make room for new, and I'm not very tidy about it.

Pixel--I'm okay with winter. I really am. I like it better when it's intense and windy and cold-cold, rather than just sort of chilly cold and watery-sunny. I like negative degrees. But I'll be pretty happy to see spring.

Jess-Thanks!

8:53 PM, January 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I see it now! I was looking at it with the wrong scale in mind, so that I saw heaps of chewed paintbrushes and color...sticks of some sort.

9:00 AM, January 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com