baa baa black sheep

1.22.2008

Dauber

Yesterday I sort of just felt pissy/sad/anxious all day. There are things that have been bothering lately, and I was feeling very Riled Up. Also, the weather decided to be completely crappy, and when I got out of work it was sleeting/freezing rain/snowing. Because Artemisia and I are responsible adults (this doesn't surprise me in her, but in myself, I am always shocked when I display some sort of "practicality" or "common sense") we decided to cancel our plans. The plans involved driving a distance in the dark on ice/snow covered roads in freezing rain, you see, and neither one of us wanted to risk the harm of the other person. Dorky, but cute, right? Right? Sort of anxious-but-endearing? The roads were nasty, but it sucked. Suck.

I was starting to feel very close to her, in Wyoming, and I think we were both excited to see each other again, and also to talk a lot. But! Now I have a crafty plan that involves pestering her until she agrees to come out again over her spring break, and making myself such a nuisance that she has to give in and spend a few days with us and the many, many pets. This is a good plan, because a) we would get to talk a lot more and b) we both like dogs. Let's all annoy her until she agrees. I told her we have lakes! Many lakes! Because her wilderness-loving man surely likes, um, bodies of water? Who doesn't like bodies of water?

I'm very sneaky and persuasive, you see.

In other news you don't care about, work is starting to get busier. Yesterday I got to go to a house and see a completed project that I worked on from start to finish, and it was exciting. In other news, is it really only Tuesday? In other news, the current ranking of pets, from worst to best behaved, is currently: Cab, Coltrane, Monk, Jelly Roll. For the first time ever, Jelly Roll has taken the lead, because Monk is being a jerk about trying to steal Cab's food, and also acting as if OH MY GOSH IS IT TOO COLD OUT HERE TO POOP, I WILL JUST STAND HERE WITH TWO FEET IN THE AIR AND LOOK AT YOU AS IF I AM DYING, INSTEAD. Also, we're watching episodes of Coach on DVD, and I you you, Netflix! You and Coach. Craig T. Nelson = cutie.

Here are a few silly things I've been thinking about about lately: How about some highlights? Maybe some highlights? I want a change that does not involve chopping off my hair. Also, do we like these? Specifically, the smaller pull-down Roman shade version. Also, um, does anybody want a...pen pal? Sometimes I just want to sit down and write letters, and not emails, but actual letters. And I don't know anyone who would find this an acceptable means of communications, but geez, I hate my cell phone and text messages. And I really like stamps. And I really like getting mail that doesn't just piss me off, because it is junk or a waste of paper. Keep in mind I have terrible handwriting, and you'd have to decipher it, and also, I am capable of writing/talking way too much.

Again: I'm so persuasive!

Let's all go have a Tuesday, shall we?

Love,
black sheeped

9 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I am so sorry that you and Artemisia did not get to see each other! I was so excited for the two of you! Boo crappy weather! But I think your plan to make her come back is genius.

In other news, yes I like the Roman shade thing, and also I love handwritten letters that get sent with stamps through the real mail, and I bet I'm not the only one.

8:52 AM, January 22, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like, 4 years ago, I was DYING for a pen pal, because the last of my handwritten-letter friends got email. But then. I got twins and a fifth baby instead.

When we are older, I will definitely sign up to be your pen pal! It won't be long before these kids are a little less demanding and I'm starting to wish for a use for all my stockpiles of pretty stationery again!

9:05 AM, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Shannon said...

I think your pen pal idea is great. You could start a revolution...a handwritten revolution. I was having a crappy Tuesday (woke up to no heat) but it has turned around (heat miraculously started working again).
I'm a better writer when actually writing than then typing. When I type, it is like throw-up on my computer screen.

10:59 AM, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Black Sheeped said...

I guess, I should say, if you WANT to be a pen pal, then email me at karamarie at gmail dot com.

1:04 PM, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Penny said...

I love penpals. If I had any confidence in my follow-through ability to write letters currently, I'd totally be your pen pal.

2:43 PM, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

Man, I used to be a faithful pen pan to several friends back in the day. I loved writing letters. My handwriting is roughly equivalent to an eight year old boy's, but I'd be happy to show you an example.

5:01 PM, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Beth said...

So sorry you missed Artemesia, too. But your comeback plan is great. Have you considered a career with the CIA?

I always loved writing by hand,too, which is why I love Christmas cards. They're the only handwritten mail with stamps I get. Even if the handwritten part is only the address on the envelope and the names on the inside (if I'm lucky).

7:49 AM, January 23, 2008  
Blogger Marie Green said...

Man, I really really like reading your blog.

You write it so well, that even I get annoyed with Cab, that big loveable jerk. Because you also write so well that I LOVE him too.

Man, doesn't this weather get old after awhile? Some days I feel like I'll never get warm again...

I would love to see the work you do for work...

8:10 PM, January 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would totally be your pen pal if this post wasn't months ago! If the offer still stands, I'll be your pal.

11:09 AM, April 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com