baa baa black sheep

2.13.2007

Kauai

7:46 a.m.

So in the last three days, I've:

1) gotten our fingers sized and ordered Justin a ring
2) planned a honeymoon (and it is booked, and we are going to Kauai! OH MY GOSH. Can you believe it?)
2a) spent many hours daydreaming about Kauai and obsessing over if the navy blue swimsuit or green would be better, and also, oh GEEZ, I have got to start doing crunches and also not be so pale and pasty
3) picked out my wedding band
4) reserved space at a park for an out-of-town guest picnic the night before the wedding
5) gotten an alcohol permit for the picnic
6) gotten my sister's stay fairly organized
7) decided we should eat fried chicken at the picnic
8) pestered the justice of the peace lady repeatedly and gotten her to promise she'd figure it out this week
9) made an extensive schedule
10) made the first draft of a guest list
11) planned an after honeymoon barbeque for family members who won't be able to come this far
12) felt horribly guilty about the idea of boarding the dog during the honeymoon

I know this is incredibly uninteresting, but it feels nice to be able to list it. Look at all I've accomplished for the 2007 Wedding Kegger Extravaganza!

I think we're almost done with the tricky stuff. The rest will be stuff we take care of that week, minus a few more things. I had to officially mark a calendar for all the days I'll need off, which annoyed and depressed me because I'm hoping to be done with this job by then (if we move--let's all hope we're moving). Boss lady has been stressing me out for the last seven or eight months by begging me not to move, by talking to people in Justin's department and begging them to give him a job for next year so we won't move, by saying frequently how much better it would be for Justin's career if he stayed here a year. She's convinced he'll be offered a job here and she's hoping that even though he's applying to around twenty jobs that are not here, we'll stay. She asks where he's applying and then talks about how the towns are bad, and then admits it's just because she doesn't want me to move. She talks about it to customers often, about how I can't leave. Now customers tell me not to move and that it would be better for Justin to stay here. They ask how I could leave her alone and what would she do?

It's been incredibly stressful. I don't know. It fills me with dread and anxiety. I don't like it.

Let's focus on Kauai. The Garden Island. And the fancy schmancy resort.

Mmmm.

Kauai!

Love,
black sheep

Edit for Swistle:

My engagement ring, my chosen wedding band, and Justin's band.

4 Comments:

Blogger Swistle said...

I love wedding planning stuff!

I think there should be photos of rings!

11:07 AM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, your rings are BE-autiful! They're so unique. Are those rubies or garnets?

2:28 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger Swistle said...

Ring photos are SO. BEAUTIFUL. Your engagement ring in particular stops my heart. Lovvvvvvvvvvvve it. Love that style.

2:38 PM, February 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!! How exciting-- your ring is gorgeous! Mr. Squirrel and I honeymooned in Kauai, too, and it is by far our favorite island. Fanfriggintastic and amazing and lush and romantic and OH I'm so jealous!!

Your wedding sounds like FUN! I can't wait to read more about it.

2:51 PM, February 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com