baa baa black sheep

6.23.2007

More

8:57 p.m.

We're back. We're very tired. We had a wonderfully fun and relaxing time, and then a very long trip back where United sucked our will to live. I am posting some very random wedding photos taken by various guests (and a few from the night before). Please note that the pets were around. (And in case you're wondering, the pets were mentioned [by name] in the ceremony. As was our love of gravy.)

We had a pretty, windy, stormy day. Gusts of Wyoming wind during our vows. Our loved ones all around. Messy cupcakes, cold beer. A very happy day. We got married. It was awesome.




































































































































































































































































































































































Later this week I'll post honeymoon photos (hooray!). We're going to be busy/tired, and we leave town again on Friday or Saturday for my family's reception. Also, there is a lot to process right now, and things to do regarding a) the house and b) life changes, or, OR, the lack thereof. Are you ready for the big, big news? Justin was offered a lectureship here a few days before the wedding, and under some coconut palm trees on Thursday morning he called and accepted. Then we drank for about eight hours. (I discovered something called a "Lava Flow," and it was delicious and cold and fruity. And TROPICAL.) This is insane to deal with, because: we were both so emotionally prepared to get the hell out of here, I'm not entirely happy with my work situation, the house is already on the market, we've already packed up many of our belongings, I had scheduled my last day at work, blah blah blah blah.

Therefore. There are logistical housing things to work out. And Kara job things to work out. (I'm thinking, going part-time at least for the rest of the summer, and then doing some serious art stuff to prepare for an art fair I can now participate in, along with looking at other options.)

I'm so proud of Justin.

He's my husband.

Love,
black sheeped

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie Green said...

Wow, and wow, wow, wow. So beautiful! My favorite is the dancing one, but all the rest come in a close second.

And the job news? Wow. You get some kind of award for being flexible with life right now, for just rolling with the waves, because many people would not be handling it this well at all. Good work.

And also, you're married. So cool. Married. Do you find yourself saying "my husband", just because you can? =)

11:35 PM, June 23, 2007  
Blogger Black Sheeped said...

Marie--Perhaps I should have mentioned that while he was on the phone getting the offer, I was sobbing (I answered and the department head actually told ME first, so I knew what was happening) with my head in my hands because it was so emotionally confusing.

Also, a few times I announced, "I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING TO THROW UP."

But I feel flexible now.

Thanks, though. :)

12:40 PM, June 24, 2007  
Blogger artemisia said...

First - WOO! HOO! you are MARRIED!!!!!!! It was wonderful to be there with you guys; your wedding was A.' favorite that he's ever attended. You guys rock. AND! YOU ARE MARRIED!

Second - YOU GUYS HUNG OUT IN HAWAII!!!

Third - whoa. I swear, SWEAR, I did not light any candles or make any offerings to the universe so that you guys would stay in L-town. I SWEAR. And, while I am selfishly rejoicing that you'll be around, I promise to support you in any way necessary as you adjust to this new development. Drinks? Soon?

Do you want to learn how to fly fish (if you don't already know)? That might make your time here more bearable. AND WE CAN HANG OUT!!! (But I am biased; fly fishing is my FAVORITE thing to do. I think it is a very Zen-line experience.)

Oh, and I would love to help you look for a job, too.

11:23 PM, June 24, 2007  
Blogger Swistle said...

1) You looked like a total goddess!

2) The flowers are so beautiful!

3) You and your sister look a lot alike.

4) The wedding looks PERFECT!

5) Yay for Justin's job!

6) HUSBAND AND WIFE!!! Yay!

12:25 PM, June 25, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

I loved the picture of you getting your groove thang on. Classic. Also, the cupcake tower was gorgeous. Worth all the worry and the schlepping to various bakeries!
Congrats on your husband's new job, though that is crazy about the housing/job thing. At least your house and yard are super clean! Now you get to actually stick around and enjoy looking at it!

1:24 PM, June 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com