baa baa black sheep

6.12.2007

Soon

6:38 a.m.

You guys!

We're getting married in five days. Or four, depending on how you count down.

So of course I'm laying awake at night and wondering why the forecast keeps changing for Saturday. I remember when it was forecast to be 65, then 69, then 74. Now the temp will be 82, which at this elevation in the sun feels something like 142,000. Also I wake up to think things like, "I have to remember to pack underwear!" Also, I still don't know how to formulate a response when someone says to me, "I don't know what to wear. I have nothing to wear." I get confused, and don't know if they want a suggestion, or if I should apologize, which is normally how I feel, and it happens about fifty billion times a day. I don't know what to say, ever. Ever!

These are all stupid reasons to not sleep!

But!

Who cares!

None of that matters, because! Getting married!

Everything is all wedding-y. Last night the women I play cards with threw me a cute card-playing shower, which was very nice and fun. Also thoughtful. I felt a bit awkward and bumbly, which I'm sure was awesome to witness. (I never know how to properly express gratitude/pleasure, or at least, to not express it overly-exuberantly with swearing and raised voice.) Isn't that nice, that they did that? They are all very sweet. Sunday the Justice of the Peace practiced the ceremony with us, and fortunately we figured out if the dog is in the guest bedroom with the window open, he can totally see everything without actually knocking over guests and begging for cupcakes. (I can't explain why this was important to me. You know, that the DOG see us get married.) Also, Saturday I got my practice hair done. I have a lot of hair. This equals lots of time to hear about the hair dresser's life.

And now, give me your advice/opinions, please. PLEASE.

Because:

Since it's going to be warm, I have become concerned about the cupcake tower, and hordes of flies descending on it and spreading plague and disgustingness. I'll have to assemble it earlier, before the wedding, since I want to fancy it up with flowers, etc. We also don't want to spray bug spray all over the yard (you know, that outdoor chemical stuff that supposedly keeps bugs out of your yard) because...I don't know. It doesn't seem safe. Also, I'm not convinced it would work.

My question is this, would it be totally lame/ugly/awkward to cover the cupcake tower with some sort of lightweight plastic sheeting until it's time to eat them? Because...flies are gross. Flies will be all over them otherwise. I think I'm willing to sacrifice early display prettiness for sanitation. What do you think? Have you been to outdoor weddings where this was a problem? Am I worrying too much? Opinions!

Love,
black sheeped

3 Comments:

Blogger Swistle said...

I think covering food until it's time to eat would not be lame/awkward/ugly. The flies, as you say, would be uglier.

I wouldn't know what to say, either, if people told me they didn't have anything to wear! What an odd thing for them to say! What do they want you to do? Explain retail clothing stores?

1:02 PM, June 12, 2007  
Blogger Marie Green said...

Maybe cover them up with tulle or some other more "pretty" material. I know tulle and tulle-like material is cheap, and it would keep the flies off.

4 days! So fun. And flies or no flies, you'll still be married at the end of the day! Are you going to indulge us with pictures?

3:29 PM, June 13, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yes, I too vote to cover them. It always horrifies me a little to see an outdoor potluck being swarmed by flies and then being expected to eat from it with relish. The tulle idea is very nice- and it IS cheap, we used a ton at my wedding!

8:42 PM, June 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com