baa baa black sheep

11.28.2007

Letters

A) I think the float is done. And the parade is tomorrow night.

B) The work Christmas tree is done. The float and tree have been planned and worked on since the begging of October, so you can imagine that this is a slight relief. The work tree is huge.

C) There is a seasonal show (I don't like to give specifics about my j-o-b) in our workplace from Thursday-Saturday, and the items take up the entire showroom. Today they are setting up. It should be sort of nutty.

D) Work holiday photo on Friday, possibly requiring coordinated clothing.

E) Sometimes I think about this, and something inside of me hurts so much:
















F) Monk likes it when I blow dry my hair--he comes and shoves my hand with his nose until I blow dry him for a while, too. Cab, however, cringes when I pull it out of the closet and sneaks away.

G) Will the weekend ever get here?

H) Now I'm tearing up because I'm thinking about that wind and sky, and the cat is snoring next to me, and I don't know what the hell my problem is.

I) Do you prefer designed, themed trees, or trees with a bunch of family-tradition ornaments?

J) Cinnamon tea at work has saved my life.

K) Cab ate one of my shoes yesterday.

L) He's doing better, I swear.

M) I've been feeling very tragic about the presidential election.

N) I still have those acorns.

O) My mom called last night to tell me how much they enjoyed Thanksgiving, and my cooking, which was sweet.

P) I keep getting Republican party survey calls on my cell phone. This is very confusing, for a variety of reasons.

Q) I've been wanting to sew something else. Making the dog bed was really fun.

R) Maybe a cat bed!

S) I need to not be so pet-crazy.

T) I can't make it to Z without being late to work, so this will have to do.

U) I tried!

V) Has anyone else felt incredibly sad and tense this week?

Love,
black sheeped

14 Comments:

Blogger email said...

A&B) Congrats on being done.

E) Great picture. Why does it make you sad? Did you used to live there and miss it? I miss a similar place.

G) Two more days.

M) Seems like every presidential election comes down to choosing the lesser of two evils. Unfortunately.

O) How nice!

S) Pet crazy's OK. Crazy crazy is another story.

T) It's fine.

U) We know.

V) A little tense about taking two of my girls into NYC tomorrow, but not sad. Hope you're feeling better about things soon.

7:58 AM, November 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baxter does the same thing when I blow dry my hair! He can be on the opposite end of the house dead asleep but as soon as he hears the blow dryer, he's right there waiting for me to blow him, too. Sam is more leery of the dryer and thinks it might be a secret dog killer device.

8:18 AM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Jess said...

I love trees with family ornaments, but I also want to have a semi-theme the first time we get our own tree. The theme being purple, of course. But I love that my parents' tree is always full of beautiful, mis-matched ornaments, some of which I remember from my childhood.

10:10 AM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Marie Green said...

Marin does the same thing when I dry my hair!

Your parade is going to be such fun.

I miss the Black Hill wickedly ALL the time. Sad.

I love your crazy pets. It makes my crazy kids seem more normal! =) And hey, at least my kids don't eat my shoes. Or at least not yet!

10:34 AM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Shannon said...

This week has been horrible here, too.

HUGS

11:10 AM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Mary said...

Definately family ornaments. On a tree you find and cut down yourself. And yes, this week is long and depressing.

11:43 AM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Banana said...

I love the themed and family ornament trees. I little bit of organized chaos.
I go between feeling tense and worried, to completely calm and cozy this time of year. Also, I CANNOT get up in the mornings. I've been late to work every day this week.

1:08 PM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Pann said...

I spent three hours with a class of pre-schoolers this morning. A lot of them were uncharacteristically sad and tense this morning.

However, a nice snack of pretzels, triscuits, and sliced oranges seemed to really improve their moods.

:)

1:53 PM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Pann said...

Oh and the election blues? Oh I feel it too. I have no idea which dem I want to win the primary....

1:54 PM, November 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sad, tense week was all last week, before Thanksgiving. I'm OK this week.

We alternate decorating with family ornaments and color-themed ornaments, depending on the year and our mood. This year, it's a color theme; last year was mismatched heirlooms. We have a LOT of ornaments.

Abby loves when I blow dry my hair too! She doesn't like to be blow dried, but she becomes especially cuddly and rubs up against my legs until I lean over so she can make out with my hair. Weirdo.

2:17 PM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Beth said...

Good thing you ran out of time before the end of the alphabet. I will probably be in a similar state of mind until mid-January, on and off. The whole frenzy of the holidays is just too much sometimes. Especially when I think about things and places and people I miss.

I agree. Two more days.

8:06 PM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger el-e-e said...

tense and stressed, yeah. Hope you feel better. I think hot chocolate might help. :)

9:14 PM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Flibberty said...

I can't stand to look at pictures of Montana because I get desperately sad.

8:53 AM, November 29, 2007  
Blogger Swistle said...

Oooo, look at you with straight hair!

I prefer motley trees. But I like to look at themed trees in the store.

Paul keeps asking me why I'm so sad, and if there's anything he can do. So I think I must be feeling particularly sad and tense this week.

2:57 PM, December 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com