baa baa black sheep

1.17.2008

Quiet

Just a quick post to say, my mom is fine, and it wasn't a return of cancer. Thank goodness.

This was very welcome news.

I got sent home early yesterday from work, for looking like I was on my "death-bed," (also one person pointed out that my face looked all swollen--awesome) and I stayed home today, to try to get rid of this bug I've been fighting. It doesn't seem serious, just a fever, feeling dizzy/shaky/tired/sinusy. No big deal. Plus it's always fun to stop, startled, when you catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirror and realize you look AWFUL. Everyone at work (and everyone in this town, I think) has been passing a flu-type illness around, and it is my turn.

I wish I didn't feel guilty for not doing laundry on a sick day.

Anyway!

I am home, we got five or seven inches of snow last night, none of my pajama pants are clean, my blogging has been terrible, and the dogs and cats? I witnessed what the dogs and cats do all morning. This is what they do, all four of them: sleep. Because that night of sleep they just got, combined with the evening of napping, combined with the previous morning of napping? It's all just too exhausting.

Sometimes Monk opens one eye. He glares at me for coughing, breathing, or maybe disturbing his sleep with my brain waves. He then groans, hides his eyes under his paws, and goes back to sleep.

They have it so bad,
black sheeped

7 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Oh I am SO GLAD it's not cancer! That is such good news.

It's snowing here too, pretty hard for DC. But they're only expecting 1-3 inches.

I hope you feel better soon@

11:00 AM, January 17, 2008  
Blogger Flibberty said...

That's wonderful news about your mom! Yay!

Also, I find myself getting jealous of our dogs and my fiance, becuase when I leave for work all three of them are still snuggled up in the big king size bed and I hate them for it.

Feel better soon!

11:15 AM, January 17, 2008  
Blogger artemisia said...

I am so relieved for you. I even had A. thinking of you yesterday, sending good thoughts in an A. sort of way.

I hope you are feeling better soon because, BECAUSE - I will be DRIVING to Omaha this Saturday morning!

WE MUST MAKE PLANS.

11:26 AM, January 17, 2008  
Blogger Shannon said...

Good News!!!

Hope you feel better soon, too. You need more pj pants. I own more than regular pants, I think.

11:38 AM, January 17, 2008  
Blogger Tess said...

So glad to hear about your mom.

12:30 PM, January 17, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

I am SO happy your mom is okay. Also: Our dog only takes breaks from sleeping to stand around and whine impatiently at us for no obvious reason, as he has food and water and was let out five minutes ago. Seriously, sometimes I barely get the back door shut from letting him out before he starts yapping at me again as though it is URGENT. And then he goes back to sleep. A total mystery, the workings of a dog brain.

1:47 PM, January 17, 2008  
Blogger Whimsy said...

I'm so glad that everything is okay with your mom! Great news!

Feel better soon.

2:38 PM, January 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com