baa baa black sheep

4.24.2007

Over

7:23 a.m.

Here is today's forecast:

  • Today: Periods of snow and windy. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds N at 25 to 40 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 6 to 10 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.
  • Tonight: Windy with snow showers this evening becoming more scattered later. Low 29F. Winds N at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 60%. Snow accumulating 2 to 4 inches.

Why did I spacebag up all the cozy sweaters? Not that thirty degrees is cold at all (Wyoming changes your perspective on the definition of "cold" a bit), but when it's breezy and snowy out, a cozy sweater is nice. But also, HOORAY. This town gets 11 inches of precipitation a year, and we need this, a spring snow. Our yard needs this. Our grass seed needs this. Our chance on the real estate market needs this!

That's how I see it.

Shut up.

Last night, I apparently kicked all the covers off and slept on my stomach instead of my back. The obese cat who sleeps on/against me (and usually ends up hogging the covers while enjoying the power of pinning me, motionless, against the mattress for hours on end) decided I must be punished for my lack of blankets and my unusual sleeping position. Because the way I sleep is supposed to serve him, and keep him comfortable. Not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES I was startled awake by him digging his front claws into my ass and pulling back. You know, like how a cat scratches a scratching post. Or a couch. Or a vulnerable ass.

Justin passed his thesis defense, and it went well. I am proud of him.

I wasn't expecting the weird choke of emotions when he called to tell me it was over. His reason for coming here is essentially completed, our time here is nearly done. It wasn't sadness, but more a confusing slight ripping, that I believe was my last bit of saying goodbye to this place. I feel emotionally closed off completely now, and I feel that I am a stranger here again.

That is how it should be.

Kisses,
black sheeped

1 Comments:

Blogger Mommy Daisy said...

First of all I'm happy to hear that you got the good snow...even without cozy sweaters. I would be digging out the sweater, I like to be warm and cozy.

Secondly, "Or a vulnerable ass". I'm still laughing so hard about this. OUCH!

Way to go Justin!

12:31 PM, April 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com