baa baa black sheep

9.27.2007

Control

7:06 a.m.

You guys are so nice, to ask about my new shiny job. The thing is, is that I don't really like to talk about jobs I hold here on the internets. Sometimes I slip up, but I try to keep things vague like "I am stressed out!" or "I like my job!" I feel as if it is maybe for the best if I don't talk about certain things here, including my job, relationships, and what we plan to name our future children (because SOMEONE COULD TOTALLY STEAL OUR AWESOME IDEAS). (You would not feel compelled to do so, I'm pretty sure. Unless you like names like "Rudyard." Why doesn't my husband like Rudyard, anyway?) I also try not to give specifics about my husband's life, or our families, and I've even been trying to stop using his name.

This is why you get so many awesome posts about the pets! You're really lucky!

I'm not likely to go into major specifics about my job here. I will say this: I am exhausted after the first few days. I like the people, and I have a lot to learn, but I think (I hope) I am catching on/will continue to catch on quickly. I was surprised to find I have my own office space, and a fancy little desk set up. On my first day they had a mug of chocolate and a little thing that said "Welcome Kara!" on my desk, and it made me feel good. I think the days will be busy and varied. I hope they like me. I got started yesterday on a project involving picking out new colors for the store's walls, which was less intimidating than it should have been, because I am Awful Like That. I have since been painting them. Hence the tiredness. I think it's going to be a good job, and it seems to be a very pleasant workplace.

So tired but good, I think! Is that enough? I'll say no more!

Wait, I will!

I'm only wearing control top hose because fancy new tights aren't in the budget yet, and I have plenty of hose from who-knows-when. Seriously, where did they all come from? How old can they be? I thought I had purged my life of them, but I still have so many! They have been shoved in the back of my top drawer for ages, waiting patiently for their time to come. They silently bided their time, for they knew their uncomfortable control top glory would shine again. Rise up, control top hose! Rise!

And then leave my bedroom forever!

Kisses!
black sheeped

7 Comments:

Blogger Flibberty said...

What a nice welcome gift to your office! I hope it's a happy, healthy place to be!

7:47 AM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Erin said...

You wear hose to work?! Enough said. I am impressed.

I don't write much about work either, because you never know who is out there reading. I have a strange job, actually, and I could have an entire blog just about work. I sometimes wish my blog was face-anonymous so that I could write about anything (in-laws, work especially), but that's not how I set it up.

8:18 AM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Jess said...

That gift on your desk is very sweet. They must be really excited to have you. My general rule of thumb for writing about work is, if I wouldn't say it to my boss, I won't say it here. So nothing that could get me in trouble if anyone from work were to see it.

9:07 AM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Shannon said...

New jobs are always ALWAYS hard. I think I always came home with a massive headache and a need for cheeseburgers and french fries dipped in ranch (I'm one of those girls, too) after a first day.

I'm glad that they surprised you with a nice little treat your first day. Those home decorators have their stuff together! I would have been "I thought about getting you a cup and some chocolates but uhmmm, I forgot or ran out of time".

Weekend is almost here! Hooray!

10:18 AM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Banana said...

It sounds like it will be a creative, challenging and supportive place to work. I love the welcome gift - very thoughtful.

11:47 AM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Mommy Daisy said...

Wow, it sounds like a nice place to work. I hope that you continue to enjoy it. Best of luck.

1:07 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm always terrified the first week of a job. But then I get over myself. This sounds like a good place already. Chocolate? Your own space? Once you get rid of the ECTPH (evil control-top panty hose),everything will be wonderful.

1:36 PM, September 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com