baa baa black sheep

11.30.2007

Quickie

I spent so much time at the other blog that I only have a few minutes this morning.

So I will tell you this: the parade was ridiculous but fun. Cab had some intestinal issues last night and I had to get up and take him out at 1:48 a.m. and 5:06 a.m. It was 14 degrees, and I stood in my boots and pajamas and coat and watched him poop a lot in the dark. Also, we are supposed to get some sort of mega ice storm this weekend, and I am REALLY GLAD this week is over.

Tell me a) what did you have for breakfast this morning? b) what are you listening to in your car today, if you drive? c) what are you doing this weekend?

My answers will have to come later!
Love,
me

Edit, 7:39 p.m.

This was a busy long day.

But! I must answer my own questions!

a) This morning before work I drank half a diet cola, and then while I was at work I had my normal two cups of unsweetened black cinnamon tea. Also, at 8:45, I had a low calorie granola bar, which is normally more than I eat in the morning. It seems I normally survive purely on Prozac and caffeine until lunchtime. I feel this is "unhealthy." But it is "how it is."

b) My husband and I have a narrow driveway and our street has a snow ordinance, so this means we are frequently switching cars, depending on who leaves first/who gets home last. In my car, I normally listen to either 1) nothing 2) a Bob Dylan tape or 3) a Blondie tape. In J's car, which I drove today, I go back and forth between listening to 1) nothing or b) a mix CD of The Velvet Underground. Lately I keep putting "Pale Blue Eyes" and "I'm Stickin' with You" on repeat. I normally hate the radio; I loathe morning radio, and lately I even get annoyed with my beloved NPR. Today I listened to "Pale Blue Eyes" a few times.

c) Tonight we went to the grocery store, which was chaotic as the weather people are predicting an ice storm. I will also clean a bit tonight, to get it over with, and if I feel particularly crazy I might rip up carpeting in the bathroom because I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. Since it's already nearly eight and I haven't even changed out of work clothes, however, that might not happen. Tomorrow, if there is ice I might have to go to work (the person scheduled for tomorrow lives out of town). If not, I want to lay around, do bloggy things, work on art, play with pets, and make a couple of cat beds. (I'm a pet bed making fool, I tell you!) On Sunday, I plan on doing more of the same. At some point potato soup will be eaten, and some laundry will be done, and I reeeeeeeally need to organize some tiny closets.

Also, I have been just itching to watch Elf.

Also, we are the worst crew of breakfast eaters EVER.

15 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

I really enjoyed that dough ornament post. I made those as a kid.

a)Coffee. Breakfast of champs.

b)Radio (NPR or X-mas station) SNORE

c)Hopefully making some meals to put in my new freezer!

7:55 AM, November 30, 2007  
Blogger Beth said...

I am having breakfast now. Diet Coke with Splenda.

I will be listening to NPR out of U of M.

This weekend I will be doing the "icky" housework (bathrooms, mopping) in little chunks so it all gets done.

I am glad it's the weekend too. Weekends are the best.

8:16 AM, November 30, 2007  
Blogger email said...

a) OK, though I hate to admit it, and had I known this question would be asked, I would've done something sensible... But it's too late now. I had cookies and skim milk.

b) Radio - rock station

c) Watching two of my kids participate in a Christmas parade.

8:42 AM, November 30, 2007  
Blogger Mommy Daisy said...

I had cookies and skim milk...breakfast of champions, right?

Radio- local station playing only Christmas music.

I will be carolling with our church choir at the downtown Christmas festivites. We'll also sing in a parade. Fun. (And I'm hoping my husband will take my son to see Santa while I'm carolling.)

**Ha, my word verification is "tturf".

9:15 AM, November 30, 2007  
Blogger Jess said...

1) Cheerios. I'm feeling nauseous, so I thought something simple might help.

2) I don't have a car and since I stayed home today, I haven't listened to any music today.

3) We have no plans, except to maybe (maybe!) go get a Christmas tree. It's still very unclear.

9:22 AM, November 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Cab's all right - poor dog!

a) Nothing. I am starving.

b) Nothing. I like silence when I drive. Although I should've been listening to my iPod since I bought the stupid $90 car adapter thing. Guess what? My cigarette lighter doesn't work, so I have no power source. MY WRATH IS GREAT.

c) Starting (and finishing) our Christmas shopping, by the Grace of God. And supposedly shoveling out from 6 inches of snow.

10:23 AM, November 30, 2007  
Blogger Mary said...

For breakfast I had chicken salad and french bread because that's all we had. My husband drove me to work today and he hates morning radio, so we drove in silence. this weekend we're celebrating my MIL's birthday, i have a Christmas cookie bake, a wedding to help out at, people over for the Mizzou game. It's going to go way to fast, i just know it!!

11:22 AM, November 30, 2007  
Blogger artemisia said...

Oh, poor Cab. Poor Cab's momma that had to get up in the cold.

A) Nothing. Bad, bad! I just couldn't muster the umpf to make oatmeal this morning. I have my eye on a banana, though.

B) The Christmas channel on XM. That was all A. I AM NOT THAT FREAKIN' PERKY FIRST THING IN THE DAMN MORNING. I am more of an NPR in the morning kind of gal.

C) Thesis garbage - boooooooo. But, I think I'll be cheering on the #24 RANKED WYOMING COWGIRLS on Saturday afternoon. Go, Cowgirls!

11:22 AM, November 30, 2007  
Blogger el-e-e said...

I had decaf peppermint mocha and a lo-fat blueberry coffee cake slice from staaaaarbuuuucks, mmmm.

Listened to the radio station that's All Christmas Music through December 25. (Sick, isn't it?)

This weekend, tomorrow, we have to go next door for our neighbor's kid's 4th birthday party -- dressed as pirates, naturally -- and then we're hosting our own grown-up party tomorrow night. I'm making gumbo tonight in preparation. Then cleaning cleaning cleaning tomorrow. No stress. Not me.

12:14 PM, November 30, 2007  
Blogger Girl from Pennsylvania said...

I loved the ornament post! I want to make some this weekend and then make it a yearly tradition. I freaking love the holidays!

a) maple and brown sugar oatmeal
b) ace and tj. They are fabulous. you can listen live on acetj.com
c) watching the SEC championship game, getting our Christmas tree and finally ridding our fridge of the Thanksgiving leftovers.

3:04 PM, November 30, 2007  
Blogger aurantifolia said...

a) a chewy granola bar, the morning meds, and coffee. wooo!

b) NPR

c) hanging out with the hubster and doing chores. nothing epic. :)

6:51 PM, November 30, 2007  
Blogger Swistle said...

I'm late!

1) Scrambled eggs and coffee.

2) A pop-alternative station.

3) Laundry.

I love "unhealthy" but "how it is."

2:14 PM, December 01, 2007  
Blogger Erin said...

You should watch Elf then. Damn, that movie is funny. I've been trying to dress my two-year-old up as a Will Farrell-esk Elf all weekend. So far, so good.

a) protein bar, coffee
b) John Denver & The Muppets Christmas
c) Getting a Christmas Tree and repairing the self-destructive garage door.

9:14 PM, December 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good call with Elf. I think it has outsripped all other movies as my favourite Christmas movie of all time.

A bit late with answers to your questions, but they are as follows:

(A) This morning I had toasted white bread with strawberry jam for breakfast. Washed down with orange juice, garlic tablets and multivitamins. Mmm!

(B) I always have four CDs in my car (you can't fit any more in the door pocket.) The last thing I was listening to was The Trials of Van Occupanther by Midlake.

(C) This evening I WILL be watching Elf, as it makes it's network TV premiere in the UK. I will probably put in the DVD in order to avoid the commerical breaks, though!

10:19 AM, December 02, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

I am late, but I want to answer anyway.

a) Tea, maybe some oatmeal if I am feeling very ambitious. Many many times I have eaten cookies for breakfast.

b) I don't drive, but it does take me 20 minutes to walk to school. I usually listen to podcasts of old murder mystery radio programs: Agatha Christie and Sherlock Holmes.

c) This weekend I went to a small Christmas party, and I am doing homework. Yay school.

2:27 PM, December 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com