baa baa black sheep

12.27.2007

Grease

Hey, you guys know Jelly Roll?

Resident overweight whiny jerk/fire hazard? You know, The Roll?
















This morning, due to some unfortunate circumstances involving me washing all the dishes last night except for the pan we used to make bacon (bacon and pancakes is a perfectly balanced dinner, didn't you know?) (but cleaning out the bacon pan is my least favorite household duty, EVER, of all time), Jelly Roll ate what I approximate to be at least two tablespoons of cold bacon grease.

Proving once again that a) he has an eating problem and b) he is an idiot.

And: c) he is disgusting beyond all measure.

He's now pinning me to the couch, obese-ly purring, and he sort of smells like bacon. He also may sort of smell like "smug" but I can't be sure. Maybe that's just what bacon scent morphs into after wafting up from fairly dirty cat fur.

I went to the doctor today, and she said the weight loss was likely due to stress and the meds, and to just watch for another month. And we doubled the Prozac. Soooooo. Here we go again.

Love,
black sheeped

7 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I would double the bacon consumption, too. You know, bacon makes everything better, right?

At least it tastes good.

Anyways, hopefully brighter days are ahead.

8:49 PM, December 27, 2007  
Blogger Fine For Now said...

Our cat loves him some bacon and I'm sure he would eat the grease if he could. The only thing I have found that this cat doesn't eat is mint chocolate chip ice cream :o)

7:27 AM, December 28, 2007  
Blogger Jess said...

That cat's a little gross, but oh well. I hope the doubling of the dose has a positive effect.

8:13 AM, December 28, 2007  
Blogger Pickles and Dimes said...

Good luck with the medication dosage; I hope you find the right balance for you. The waiting game's always the hardest part.

"Obese-ly purring" = COMEDY GOLD.

I think Jelly Roll is now my favorite pet of yours. Sorry, Cab.

8:36 AM, December 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think of the bacon grease as a hairball deterrent and now you'll have less cat vomit to step in in the middle of the night on your way to the bathroom.

12:30 PM, December 28, 2007  
Blogger Penny said...

Oooooo, you're taking prozac. Well that explains things.

I loved prozac, it was the only drug (out of, um, the 2 that I ever took) that worked fairly well, but Hooo Boy did it give me some side effects. Weight loss and episodic energy supernovas were two of them.

I love the idea of a Bacon Cat. Like a pig and a cat combined into one smelly furball.

Thanks for checking yourself out at the doctor.

2:53 PM, December 28, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

That bacon grease? I think I know members of my HUMAN FAMILY who would have eaten it. Shudder.

2:59 PM, December 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com