baa baa black sheep

12.21.2007

Jail

We are not taking the dogs on this road trip (for some reason my parents think the dogs are "chaotic," I believe) so they are going to doggie jail for the weekend. They (Monk, anyway, I don't know about Cab) seem to have have an awesome time at jail, because of all! the! stimulation!

We've been threatening all week, every time they are bad (every two minutes or so), that we are going to send this to jail. Step on my foot? Stick your head in the trash? THIS IS WHY YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL. This morning, after the alarm went off and we were staring at the ceiling in horror that it was time to get up, GEEZ, I said, "It's DOG JAIL DAY."

Dog jail must be fun because of a) barking b) seeing other dogs c) barking. And now there will be the added fun of Monk getting to share a pen with his young boyfriend. Cab.

They seriously lick each other's mouths SO MUCH, you guys.

As much as we threaten to skin them alive constantly, and gloat that they are going to jail, take THAT, dogs! Jail! I feel sad to leave them. I will miss them, even for two or three days, and will be happy to get them back.

I hope we get back before the vet closes on Christmas Eve so that the dogs don't have to spend Christmas in jail.

You heard that right.

I will miss the cats, too, but they will barely notice we are gone. They will be stuffing themselves on dry food, oh glorious day, until they puke, a ton (I WONDER WHY WE SWITCHED TO FEEDING WET MEALS). They will get into scuffles by the litter pans, and they will sleep while pressed up against the heat vents, and they will get on the counter because no one is there to threaten their lives.

Did I mention the part about the gorging? The binging, and the puking?

Oh, cats.

You are shit heads.

Quiz day!

Tell me about your favorite ornament, if you have one. And tell me what you eat on Christmas day.

I think my favorite ornament...is a toss up between the sparkly antique bird one my mom and sister gave me, and a My Little Pony ornament my husband gave me. Both are awesome in their own ways, and unsurprisingly, I have a fondness for ornaments that are animals.

And ridiculous.

And weirdly colored.

This year will be our first Christmas day alone. My husband and I plan on laying around, watching Christmas specials on DVD, drinking spiked eggnog, eating candy, and probably making out a lot. I think we have decided our traditional Christmas day meal is going to be steak, preferably wrapped in bacon.

Your turn!
black sheeped

13 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

Our dogs LOVE Doggie Jail! I seriously think it is the barking. We never let them bark, especially since we had a kid.

My favorite ornament is a crystal ballerina. She just looks so pretty backlit by the tree lights and she goes around and around around.

We do Chateaubriand (MEAT) for Christmas, which I totally, totally, (did I say TOTALLY?) recommend. We get ours from Omaha Steaks.

7:35 AM, December 21, 2007  
Blogger Fine For Now said...

My parents take their dogs to "camp" it has a nice little ring to it! Theirs is called Barkingham Palace, too funny.

My favorite ornament is a set of glass angels all holding a different item in a different pose. You can stick a light up their gown skirt part, to light them up of course :o)

For dinner my family is having: Turkey, smoked pork tenderloin, greenbean casserole, cheesy potato casserole, stuffing, and cranberry sauce.

Hope you have a great trip and Merry Christmas :o)

7:47 AM, December 21, 2007  
Blogger el-e-e said...

Ooh, STEAK. Sounds delish.

My favorite ornament, you're going to make me pick ONE?? Okay. Well since I was a child I've had one that we bought in Mexico -- I was four. She is a little wooden doll whose arms lift up if you pull a string, and her name is Lisa. :)

We eat turkey or ham or both, Mom's special dressing, mashed potatoes, something green (I think asparagus this year), cranberry sauce, etc. Your typical holiday meal. We also typically do a breakfast or brunch -- eggs with green chiles and tomato sauce (red & green!), fruit salad, biscuits.

I am hungry now.

8:28 AM, December 21, 2007  
Blogger Banana said...

My favorite ornament is probably the first one TM and I bought together. We had just started dating and decided to make it a tradition.

We eat left overs on Christmas Day. Our big celebration day is Christmas Eve and my dad cooks something fancy and delicious.

11:21 AM, December 21, 2007  
Blogger artemisia said...

I don't think Buster and Belle would do well in Doggie Jail. Buster would be convinced we'd left him, and Belle would probably try to dominate everyone. Bad doggies.

Favorite ornament: this pink angel with white polka dots all over her skirt. My Auntie Pearl gave it to me when I was little.

In Kemmerer, we eat prime rib, in Worland (where we will be this year) we eat ham and LUTEFISK. Dear God.

11:51 AM, December 21, 2007  
Blogger heather said...

My favorite ornament... hmmm. I'm sitting here looking at my tree and nothing jumps out at me. Now back home on my mom's tree... there's a lot of my favorites on there. Growing up my favorite were these little stained glass (plastic) angels that we always hung them so they were in front of a light and would glow.

This is our second Christmas just us. Up until last year we've split Christmas Eve/Christmas Day up between our three families. Last year it was soooo nice and relaxing to just BE. Be home, be with each other, be in our jammies all day...

We started a tradition of making donuts Christmas morning. After the presents are all opened (in our house that's about 8AM!) we take a break and make the donuts. Super easy... just take a tube of pillsbury refrigerator biscuits, use something to cut out a whole in each biscuit, then fry the donuts and the holes in a deep fryer (or oil on the stove). The kids had a blast then decorating them after my husband fried them... we dipped in cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar, frosted some and added sprinkles. Loved it! Then you have donuts to munch on with your stocking candy all day while you lounge around on Christmas!

Have a safe drive and a fun trip and a Merry Christmas!!

12:23 PM, December 21, 2007  
Blogger Swistle said...

My favorite ornament is an extremely fragile pink glittery ball. One day it will break, and I will be sad.

On Christmas Day we eat ham, macaroni and cheese, and green beans.

12:23 PM, December 21, 2007  
Blogger Beth said...

My cats hate cat jail. They get report cards from the vet when they go, and every time their grade for "playful" or "likes to be petted" is always "Could have been better."

Poor babies. I feel guilty when I leave them home alone and guilty when I take them to cat jail.

Maybe I'm a dog person and have just never realized it.

1:31 PM, December 21, 2007  
Blogger Pickles and Dimes said...

My favorite ornament is a green silk hot-air balloon that has pearls on it and teeny, tiny figurines inside. It was my grandma's (I think) and when I went off to college, my mom gave it to me.

I have no idea what we'll be eating Christmas day, since we're spending it with Jason's family and they change the meal every year, but on Christmas Eve with my parents, we always have pizza.

P.S. Steak wrapped with bacon? AWESOME.

3:33 PM, December 21, 2007  
Blogger Penny said...

Is it wrong to laugh really loud at the line, "Stick [their] heads in the trash can"? Because that is somehow my favorite line of all time, today. Thank you for that.

3:35 PM, December 21, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

I have a few faves, the Our First Christmas ones we got the year we were married (3 of them,) and then the My First Christmas ones for the kids. Addy has FOUR and poor Eli only has two. Apparently our relatives feel ornaments are AMAZING gifts...
Anyhoo. On Christmas Day we eat a Swedish breakfast bread my MIL makes, as well as a traditional German soup thing for lunch. At my family we usually eat ALL OUR STOCKING CANDY and not much else.

9:47 AM, December 22, 2007  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

This is my favorite ornament of all time: http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/2273/1759/1600/188180/flying%20pig.jpg

Christmas Eve is our big family dinner (taco salad, chicken nuggets, rolls, tuna noodle casserole, our body weight in homemade candy and cookies), so we usually nibble leftover cookies all day on Christmas Day and try not to move too much.

Happy (belated) holidays!

7:13 AM, December 26, 2007  
Blogger Jess said...

My parents have an ornament that I covet--it's purple, with pretty white and purple lupines painted on it. Torsten and I are still building our own collection of ornaments, so I don't really have a sentimental attachment to any of them yet.

Also, on Christmas we always eat roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. It's because my dad's British. He can't help it.

9:12 PM, December 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com