baa baa black sheep

12.14.2007

And

a) HOW IS IT FRIDAY ALREADY?

b) THIS WEEK WAS SO LONG, FRIDAY WAS NEVER GOING TO ARRIVE EVER.

Nothing like a big ice storm, holiday stress loooooming, losing power, being cold, listening to everyone complain about the power, having horrible PMS, getting three big zits in a weird triangle of doom on your face, having to come to work early to dry your hair/put on makeup, having to bang open your frozen shut car doors every morning, feeling worried about members of your family, having stressy work situations, excess guilt, excess sick/nervous tummy (I will never be able to express my gratitude properly to this lady for giving us all that term), household sinus problems, being behind on many things, constantly welling up because the depression is stupid, having some panic attacks, and other things I'm surely forgetting, to really, um, make you glad Friday is here. Even though you have a holiday work party tonight and you're missing another holiday work event of your husband's and OH CRAP I HAVE TO LEAVE EARLY TO BUY A PRESENT FOR THE PARTY.

Hey, so, it's Friday question time!

Here's something a little different. What do you really regret about the last week? What do you wish you had not done/you had done? And then, what do you feel really good about doing this week?

Mine are: I regret that I spent a lot of the week feeling guilty. Guilty for everything; guilty about the cold, guilty about the pets, guilty about feeling stressed, guilty about wanting to move here and therefore exposing us to ice storms, guilty about anything and everything. It made me miserable much of the week, and I wish I would not have done that. There's always next week, right?

The thing I feel good about is that I think I remained pretty positive about the storm/lack of power, and while everyone around me was complaining and pissy and angry and impatient, I felt okay. I mean, I wasn't thrilled, but I stayed positive at work, at least, and stayed pretty calm about it.

Calm for me.

Your turn,

black sheeped

16 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

Well, you are quite welcome, although I chuckled a little at the term "lady". Heh.

This week I regret not sending ANY Christmas cards or presents to ANYONE. I really need to get on this since ALL of our family lives out of state. CRAP CRAP CRAP.

Next week I will send cards and presents (well, gift cards anyway). SOMETHING.

7:48 AM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Tess said...

What is UP with Blogger commenting lately? Every morning when I log in there is some fresh hell to deal with when I'm trying to comment on blogs.

7:48 AM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Jess said...

I regret that last week, I really let the stress of personal family situations get to me, and was exhausted and grumpy pretty much all week. I wish I had been a bit more balanced about it all and been able to relax a bit more. This week, I've started to achieve that relaxation, which I do feel good about.

7:59 AM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger email said...

I regret eating a Reese's tree every day, thus demolishing the six-pack of them that were supposed to be stocking stuffers. AND breaking into the box of Cella chocolate-covered cherries that was supposed to be one of the gifts for my mother (they're her favorite, she would understand). Now I have to go repurchase those items.

I feel really good that I got A LOT of wrapping done. Not all, but I made a serious dent in it. I'm hoping for more than 2 hours of sleep this Christmas Eve, which is when the wrapping usually gets done. Right, procrastinators? That's when we usually do it.

8:06 AM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Mary said...

I regret that last week I let a friend down and now she doesn't feel like she can count on me.
I'm happy that my husband and I finally really sat down and made a real budget and there is finally some light at the end of this huge tunnel of debt!

9:15 AM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Flibberty said...

I regret spending too much money.

I'm glad I watched a video on consumerism and remembered that stuff is just stuff.

9:56 AM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Pickles and Dimes said...

I really regret totally freaking out about being overloaded at work this week, to the point that I cried about it at home on Wed.

I wish I would've had the guts to say "f-you" to all the people whose poor time management meant I had to push off my own deadlines to finish their shit.

But I feel really good that I finished my own stuff on time (working after hours at home) and got some high praise from my boss on a new writing project I did.

10:12 AM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

This week I regret letting my mood be affected by the weather so much, and getting genuinely snappy at Adelay for no good reason yesterday. I felt like a terrible person, barking at a toddler like that.
I feel good about getting the bulk of my shopping/wrapping done, even though I am now sleep deprived because of it.

11:05 AM, December 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I regret totally losing my patience with Peanut as often as I did. I hurt her feelings this morning snapping at her and I sort of wanted to slap myself.

I feel good about - well, the week being over, hubby coming home to give me a break, and my mom arriving next week!!!

12:39 PM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Marie Green said...

I regreted putting of the creation of our annual gift of shutterfly photo books until the LAST DAY that they could ship for Christmas. Then, their website was overloaded (guess I wasn't the only one) and it kept kicking me out and the books did not turn out nearly as nice as they could have but I had to just PLOW through it and finish and GRRRRRRRR the damn website. etc.

Also, my house is TRASHED. But I've spent lots of time with friends lately, building relationships, making community. So that is good. Also, I've been LOVING my kids lately. They rock.

1:01 PM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Marie Green said...

YES. I also regret all the chocolate I've eaten. I don't even like chocolate right now, it's been that bad.

But I had carrots and hummus for lunch. Refreshing!

1:02 PM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Marie Green said...

"I regretTed putting ofF"

God, I'm even too lazy to proof read.

1:03 PM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Penny said...

I sort of started a new diet, so that was good. But then I sort of bought and baked a whole tube of cookie dough and I've sort of eaten half the cookies by now and that is not so great.

2:32 PM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger aurantifolia said...

I regret that at pretty much every point available this week, I took the easier of the two options. I feel lazy and worthless and ugly. I regret that I've gained so much weight that I have no dress clothes to wear to the party and now I have to go shopping the day of, because I put it off in favor of lounging around and sleeping too much.

I am really glad that my husband and I did not skip out on our "niece"'s Holiday Concert, because listening to elementary and middle-school kids tooting and screeching their way through "Jingle Bells" and "O Christmas Tree" was so totally worth it.

6:50 PM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Swistle said...

I agree, Tessie's "nervous tummy" is the best expression EVER.

I regret being irritable with the kids. I was like Bert to their Ernie.

I feel good about getting the Christmas cards done.

7:27 PM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger Beth said...

I regret that finally deciding NOT to send Christmas cards instead of feeling guilty and depressed was a good thing. My excuse: "We're just not sending cards this year."

WARNING - TMI: The last of my shingles scabs came off today, but even so I'm not going out in a swim suit until I lose the 60 pounds I gained this year. I HATE that I gained that much weight. Now that I finished those last 2 oatmeal cookies, my diet has officially started. Aura, will you be my diet buddy?

WTF is wrong with Blogger?

8:28 PM, December 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com