baa baa black sheep

12.03.2007

Bits

Last week was a blur and the weekend is quickly becoming one. I had about a billion things I wanted to write about, all weekend, and then I got distracted with car batteries and pets and cleaning and blah blah blah. And now I'm going to get as much of it as I can (a little, anyway), in handy! list! format! Because I know you all love my lists. And lists mean I don't have to connect things.

1. I have been feeling busy and overwhelmed, a tad, and probably one of my top five favorite activities is blogging. And I like the holiday blog, but it is more of a time eater than this blog. Which makes me feel lame, because I feel like it's not very good, but that it COULD be. And the people who like it, really like it, and that I shouldn't be so lame at it. But I now have a lovely volunteer, and then this morning this lady posted a call for help, and I feel so grateful and happy. Thank you, again, to both of you and anyone who has participated and anyone who will.

2. Friday was a long day, and then Friday night we went to the grocery store, and then I cleaned the house, and then I decided around 9 or 10 that hey, I just going to rip up this bathroom carpeting. So I did, and there are horrors underneath, and the carpet was full of horrors. I stepped on a rusty nail that had been under the toilet (otherwise known as Bacteria Funville) and pried up tack bars and dug out carpet staples and then Lysoled everything thoroughly. Underneath was an ugly vinyl tile, sort of orange, which I would actually love except for the part that it is all decayed and rotten around the toilet and tub. Sometime I'll get a flooring compound, and fill in, and sometime I'll find a new tiling...system to put on top. Not today, but sometime soon, I hope. And I am happy that the disgusting rotten moldy carpet is gone, gone forever (or gone to the garage, at least, and now partially eaten by a very stupid dog who pulled it down because he is an idiot and also obviously is starving).

I like doing stuff to this house, and I like taking care of this house. It gives me a feeling of pride and security, which is interesting.

3. We had an ice storm. We were fortunate, and didn't lose power (except for yesterday afternoon, when our ancient fuse box freaked out and we had to go buy fuses-fuses!). Saturday was nasty, though, and the dogs hated walking on the ice encrusted grass. (Photos later.) As we stood in the windy freezing rain Saturday morning, shivering and wet and pelted by ice, waiting while the dogs sniffed and sniffed and sniffed, their feet crunching, with tree branches groaning under the weight of ice, threatening to fall, my husband yelled over to me across the yard, "AND YOU WANTED TO MOVE BACK TO THE MIDWEST!"

He had a point.

4. Our dogs are so bad sometimes.

5. We have not really started Christmas shopping, at all.

Have a good Monday!
black sheeped

8 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Stepped on a rusty nail! I assume from the casual way you mention this that you did not do serious harm to yourself. At least, I hope not.

Also: I'm looking forward to the pictures!

8:52 AM, December 03, 2007  
Blogger Shannon said...

I don't know how helpful I am, but I could help out at the other blog if needed.

I'm glad you got rid of the carpet...that is nasty and I can't believe the dog ate it.

I haven't done much shopping, either. I'm ordering a lovely custom necklace from Etsy for my mom, though...today.

11:10 AM, December 03, 2007  
Blogger Beth said...

Jess beat me to it....a rusty nail? Even if it was just a scrape, if your tetanus injection is more than 5 years old, you need to go get one. There is no cure for tetanus, and the vaccine does not provide lifelong protection.

I like doing things in my house too. And we haven't started our Christmas shopping either.

Maybe I'll make a bazillion fruit cakes (which I have never done before) and give them away. I wish I could give them to every telemarketer/charity that calls daily.

1:59 PM, December 03, 2007  
Blogger Girl from Pennsylvania said...

Okay, I might be a shmuck, but how about I volunteer to help at the other site. I love reading it and I love the holidays.

Let me know if you want some of my lackluster help!

3:04 PM, December 03, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love doing stuff to our house, too. Except tearing down wallpaper. Which the new house has in nearly every room!
But I digress. Congrats on getting the carpet up, and, um, the nail? Get a tetanus shot, maybe.

3:44 PM, December 03, 2007  
Blogger Black Sheeped said...

Never fear! My tetanus shot is up to date, because I am clumsy/fall on rusty items more than an average person.

6:45 PM, December 03, 2007  
Blogger artemisia said...

Ugh, ice storms. Those blow my mind. Brrrrrr.

I would love to help out with the other blog, and if it turns out my contributions are LAME, just say the word. Okay?

8:05 PM, December 03, 2007  
Blogger Swistle said...

I have only done a little shopping. I keep thinking I am EARLY, WAY early. Then yesterday I realized Christmas was only 3 weeks away.

2:25 PM, December 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com