baa baa black sheep

12.03.2007

Gray

I've got some photos from the weekend.

Backyard and ice:



































The carpet and carpet pad I ripped out Friday night (the carpet pad is now in the trash, in hundreds of tiny pieces, thanks to Cab the Shit pulling it down and having a Fantastic Time with it while we ran an errand):
















I haven't posted photos of our town yet.

This is on my drive to work.





















My husband's grandmother who passed away last summer lived on a farm in Kansas for many years, and his family has had a big job cleaning out the house. They gave us some old soda bottles that were very dirty (one had an ancient wasps' nest in it, complete with ancient wasp corpses). I've been trying to clean them up.




















Also up/downtown, right by where I work--the trains run right by my office window.

















Tree in our backyard:
















More train yard:









































Our basement, where the utility rooms/studio, bar, and den are located, is not heated. It's not bad because the water heater/etc are down there, but when we're hanging out down there we sometimes use a little space heater on cold days. We're constantly shooing away pets, who become Instant Fire Hazards.
















More downtown:














































I got these in Wyoming (my sister also bought a strand), and I've posted them before. I believe my husband thinks they are ugly. I think they are hilarious and awesome. They have bells. Bells, you guys! Bells!





















Disorganization! More of the town:































Bottles:




















Ice on our back patio:
















I'm a "throw the lights in a big box and worry about the tangled mess next year" kind of girl.
















Cat:
















My sister mailed me an ornament, which is old and sparkly:
















My father made me this spice rack:





















Structures at the train yard that I don't understand:
















Fire hazard:
















Melting ice on our siding:





















Fire hazard! Fire hazard!




















Do you see that face he is making? That is his "I will continue to do this bad thing I am doing because you are not feeding me" face. Also his "I hear you yelling at me and am freaked out by it but will continue to be bad because you are not feeding me" face. And a little bit of his "I'm deciding whether or not to stop because you are yelling at me--oh wait, no, you're still not feeding me" face.

(Safety disclaimer: we always shoo them away, and we never leave the space heater plugged in without being RIGHT THERE. I just thought I'd share some photographic evidence that they are, in fact, complete idiots who are trying to kill us all.)

Happy Tuesday,
black sheeped

14 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

I like your gray pictures.
And the brighter ones.
Especially the bottles.
Very cool.
And the fire hazards.
Not so much cool, but funny!

7:31 AM, December 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ice is definitely something I don't miss about living in your area. Your other pictures, though, remind me of my hometown.

7:42 AM, December 04, 2007  
Blogger Beth said...

Ice. Yes. It hangs down in long pointy things and then melts, drop by drop, to create a skating rink in the driveway. Ice bad. Snow good.

That bottle collection is going to be great when you get them all clean!

Don't worry about Fire. Our cats get as close as possible to the space heater in the basement and not one of them has spontaneously combusted yet!

8:19 AM, December 04, 2007  
Blogger Pickles and Dimes said...

I loved these photos - great job!

My faves are the ice drippings, the train yard (I love train yards) and the fire hazards.

Especially the fire hazards. God, those cracked me up.

8:46 AM, December 04, 2007  
Blogger Jess said...

Yay for pictures! Your photos are always so atmospheric. I love them.

8:54 AM, December 04, 2007  
Blogger Mommy Daisy said...

I love all of your awesome photos. The birds are cute. Not my taste, but they seem to suit you and I think they look cute with the yellow walls too.

9:04 AM, December 04, 2007  
Blogger email said...

Great pictures! I agree with both you and your husband on the birds. Ugly, and yet somehow cool. Like they know they're ugly and they're workin' it. With bells.

10:20 AM, December 04, 2007  
Blogger Marie Green said...

Love the pictures of your town. We live nearby, I think (I mean, probably within 100 miles, give or take). We got snow first, then a little ice.

Love the last line about evidence on your pets trying to kill you. It made me smile. =)

12:33 PM, December 04, 2007  
Blogger Swistle said...

That ice is awesome. The photos are awesome. I like your bird string. The town looks kind of depressing, but maybe that's mostly the background weather.

2:23 PM, December 04, 2007  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

The photo of the cat perched on top of the space heater is just about the best thing I've seen all morning. Anything that can make me laugh out loud before 7 AM = pretty darn awesome. :D

6:41 AM, December 05, 2007  
Blogger Fine For Now said...

I love the pictures of the pets and the space heater!! So cute :o)

8:37 AM, December 05, 2007  
Blogger Chris Cactus said...

Great pictures. Although it looks cold!!

10:44 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger artemisia said...

Oh, the last picture of Jelly Roll is classic. Oh, pets.

I've never seen an ice storm. I think I'd burrow and hibernate if I ever experienced one. That is just pure crazy.

1:44 PM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Moderndayhermit said...

I love the photos. I grew up in New London, MO...tiny town in NE Missouri and the photos are reminiscent of my hometown.

4:46 PM, December 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com